Honored Contributor

Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30 (A276303)

Requesting reviews & comments for this product.

Would it be a good sunscreen to keep in my handbag for mid to late day touchup over makeup? I use ISOMERS sunscreen under base makeup and my base makeup (Armani Lasting Silk UV) also has sunscreen. Need something portable that I can use over makeup for touchups.

Are there any dupes or similar products I should consider? Thanks!

Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30 (A276303)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30 (A276303)

There are a few other brands of this but I think this is one of the better ones. I use it for touch ups throughout the day over my makeup when I can't reapply my regular cream/lotion sunscreen and have used it for several years now.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

There are a few other brands of this but I think this is one of the better ones. I use it for touch ups throughout the day over my makeup when I can't reapply my regular cream/lotion sunscreen and have used it for several years now.

@HappyDaze - thx for the review. It sounds like a good solution for touchups without messing up makeup. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

I carry this in my exercise bag to put on my face after a class when I am in a hurry to get back home but I would pay attention to how you use it for touchups.  There is a tendency to think you're doing a fast good job and then you look at yourself in a mirror later and see that the product deposited unevenly on parts of your face, looking stripey.  It's not really like putting on BE which is thinner and more natural looking.  I use this product when I want sunscreen protection, not a perfect foundation.  It goes more on my chest and hands when I drive and am in a hurry to just put something on.  The other thing Ishould mention about this product is that they seem to have stopped putting an expiration date on the tube which bothers me.  For fifty plus dollars I want to know when the product expires.  I'm going to call a customer service rep over there when I run out of my current supply of tubes and see if there is some other code to track the expiration on the box.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

It's very convenient to keep in your handbag, but the colors tend to look chalky.
Respected Contributor

This is $17.41 at Vitacost.

ngredients:
Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 20.0% (sunscreen), titanium dioxide 17.3% (sunscreen). Inactive Ingredients: Mica, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopherol (vitamin E), capryloyl glycine, undecylenoyl glycine, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, alaria esculenta (sea kelp), punica granatum (pomegranate).

Cruelty-free

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received an email from Colorescience that they will be on the Q today (5/3) in a beauty show this evening. Just FYI.

ETA: I LOVE this product, btw. It doesn't look chalky on my drier skin, and is so perfect for taking on vacation, too. I kept it in my pool bag while on vacation a while back, and would just dust it on several times a day, from the neck up. I got no color or burn, and I'm fair. HTH!

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

ngredients:
Active Ingredients: Zinc oxide 20.0% (sunscreen), titanium dioxide 17.3% (sunscreen). Inactive Ingredients: Mica, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopherol (vitamin E), capryloyl glycine, undecylenoyl glycine, camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, alaria esculenta (sea kelp), punica granatum (pomegranate).

Cruelty-free

That looks like a good one, @Iwantcoffee. Have you tried it?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

ngredients:

Cruelty-free

That looks like a good one, @Iwantcoffee. Have you tried it?

I have not tried it, but I am thinking about ordering. 

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

ngredients:

Cruelty-free

I almost purchased this, but was able to get a great deal on Colorescience, so I went with that one. Ulta used to carry it, but I guess they no longer carry this product. If you try it, please let us know how you like it! I saw it on Amazon Prime for the same price you quoted, as well.