Frequent Contributor

Ok So now I am on a Budget for the next 3 or more months won't be able to buy my favorite Salon color treated hair shampoos So What brand do I buy?  Dont want my hair color stripped away to fast.  Can anyone help me out????

Respected Contributor

I have very long dark fine hair and use and love Pantene color fade preserve color shine shampoo and the matching conditioner.

I have been using this for a long time and love it over others I have tried.

I get the large bottle with a pump at BJ's but you can get Pantene almost every place.

this not only preserves my color but makes my hair soft, shiny and silky.

Honored Contributor

Avon. On sale now for $2.89/bottle.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Pantene, L'Oreal or Dove Nutritive Solutions Color Care Shampoo with Vibrant Color Lock.

Valued Contributor

When I buy shampoo or conditioner for that matter, coupons make my decision.  I have used L'Ore'al Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy or Schwarzkopf Essense Ultime Diamond Color & Radiance.  Both have kept my hair from fading too fast.

Respected Contributor

Suave Color Protection Shampoo and Conditioner is every bit as good as Matrix Biolage Colorlast.  Suave also has a color protection shampoo called Moroccan Infusion Color Care shampoo and conditioner.  It has argan oils in it.  You can find both at Walmart for about $2.50.  I use them a lot and they clean and conditon just fine.

Respected Contributor

Hello, MeadowLark and welcome. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes Color-Saver Sulfate Free Shampoo, Color-Saver Paraben Free Conditioner and Color-Saver Color-Gloss Sealer.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Re: Color treated shampoo?

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased Joico Color Endure for it was on sale otherwise no way I will pay $30 a botle lol

It is the gentlest shampoo I ever used in my life and I used a lot given I am a shampoo junkie ( which you all know lol)   It has no sulfates and zero lather.  It is so gentle you will find it hard to skip a day of shampooing. I suspect it is good for those that like to shampoo daily.  Also Hempz Coutre (not sure of spelling)  it is all vegan and sulfate free, paraben free...etc  but its expensive but I pick it up when they go on sale. a few times a year  beautybrands will sell a 25oz bottle for $12  but otherwise its like $40 a bottle.  As far as drugstore brands I like loreal everpure line 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think any sulfite free, color guard shampoo will do.  The drug store has many.  If you are really on a budget and have time you can check online, or buy a case for a heavy discount.   Even go to Marshall's, TJ Maxx or any of the discount stores.  I use Joico, Pureology, WEN and a few others.  But I get all but WEN at a huge discount because I still can purchase at a wholesale supply.  I pay 10 or 13 dollars for a quart of Pureology, sometimes less.  Joico I get for maybe 9.96 a quart. 

Respected Contributor

I wish I can get pureology that cheap. I always wanted to try it