Respected Contributor

I'm using L'Oreal SLS free shampoo for highlighted hair and it makes my hair feel like straw -- quickly. Wen does the same.

Is there a color care shampoo that doesn't do this?

What's your fav?

Super Contributor

My favorite is the Pureology brand. I wish it wasn't so expensive though.

Trusted Contributor

I agree -- Pureology products are fabulous, but extremely expensive. The have a variety of anti-color fade products that work very well. My hair salon sells them.

Valued Contributor

Redken Color Extend Magnetics -- the only sulfate-free shampoo that doesn't turn my hair to straw and the only one that lathers like a sulfate shampoo. I use it daily and my hair loves it.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Sunshine Kate. Smile

I haven't used these, but Nick Chavez sells Color-Saver Sulfate Free shampoo and Color-Saver Paraben Free conditioner.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor
I use WEN or Devacare/Devacurl. It's really true that shampoos are bad for hair. Read ""Curly Girl"" even if you don't have curls. It explains why. Will never go back to regular shampoo. Color lasts so much longer.
Esteemed Contributor

You may like the shampoo Nick was showing early this morning. It's called Thirst Quencher. He claims it's great on any hair which has been given chemical treatment. My hair is not chemically treated, but I'm ordering because his hydration claim won me over. I've had good luck with Nick's products in the past, so I trust him.

The Thirst Quencher is a duo set of shampoo and conditioner (32 oz each) for $60. He claims it only takes one pump of each to clean all but very long hair, a half pump for short hair, and that the bottles should last most people almost a year.

Respected Contributor

Nexxus Color Assure-available at Walmart, ulta, Walgreens for about 109 bucks. Sulfate free, and lathers.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/30/2014 Trix said:

You may like the shampoo Nick was showing early this morning. It's called Thirst Quencher. He claims it's great on any hair which has been given chemical treatment. My hair is not chemically treated, but I'm ordering because his hydration claim won me over. I've had good luck with Nick's products in the past, so I trust him.

The Thirst Quencher is a duo set of shampoo and conditioner (32 oz each) for $60. He claims it only takes one pump of each to clean all but very long hair, a half pump for short hair, and that the bottles should last most people almost a year.

ITA. I recently discovered his shampoo. I color treat my hair and it's naturally curly. This is the best shampoo I have ever tried.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I picked up paul mitchel color care and made my hair super shiney, volume and was low lather and best of all no lingering scent. There is a small hint of citrius in the shampoo but its barely noticible and the conditioner seems to be scent free so if you are scent sensitive it is really good.