Super Contributor

Re: Cocoa Butter Lip Treatment

Ok, so had horrible lips for years, to the point of peeling and bleeding. Someone on this board told me about Paulas Choice Lip And Body Treatment Balm. My lips are so much better. It's a little pricey but with coupon codes it's not bad and the jar lasts me about 4 months. This stuff is a life savor. Trust me this stuff is Awesome...
Honored Contributor

@SavvyChic wrote:

Badger Balm sold at nutrition stores has a good cocoa butter one.Palmers makes a good one with cocoa butter, too.  Paula's Choice lip and body balm is even better, I've never found a better one than the one at Paulaschoice dotcom. She's sold here but I think you might have to get the balm off her website. Not sure if that ingredient is in it.

I think "Badger Balm" products are SO UNDERADVERTISED. 

I came upon them somewhere by accident, and all of their ointments are great.

I find cocoa butter to be very healing for my very very fair skin, and I also have terrible, horrible lips.

Trusted Contributor

Many thanks to all of you for your great suggestions.  I wound up buying the Palmer's cocoa butter swivel stick.  It is truly a stick, much larger than a refular size lip balm or chapstick, which makes it very easy to use.  I'm having great success with it and my fingers arent messy all the time!

I am also going to go for the Badger Balm in tube.  I think alternating between the two will give me the best I can hope for! Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

The last time I was at Sephora, I bought a duo from "Dr.Jart's Ceramidin lip balm and an oil balm". I really like it and will buy again.

Another one that I like is "Jane Iredale's" Lip Drink.

You can find a cocoa butter stick at Dollar General.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny wrote:

Hi friends...I have the worst lips on the planet!  They are constantly dry or chapped or dry, chapped and red.  The corners of my mouth crack very easily, which makes wearing lipstick look ridiculous!

I have tried hundreds of lip treatments to no avail...even Rx treatents from my derm.  I cannot use anything with menthol, mint or peppermint.  EOS, Chapstick, Aquaphor etc.   no luck at all.  I was in Walgreen's last week, when I saw a tiny jar of Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Treatment and bought it.  Tah- Dah!

So far, my lips have  changed dramatically, so I'm thinking it must be the Cocoa Butter.  The one BIG problem with the Vaseline product is that it is not easy to use,  I have to scoop out a bit with my finger and rub it in my lips.  Afterwards, I HAVE to use a cloth or soap and water to get the lip stuff off of my finger and that is a problem when I'm working or just out.

Do any of you wizards know of a similarly good Cocoa Butter lip treatment that is in a stick or some easier form of delivery?

I HOPE so!!  I feel like I've been partly rescued by the Cocoa Buter, but can't quite get out of the boat.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!  I THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Hi @Quinny,

I use "yes to coconut" lip balm.

I love this product. It is filled with oils, and also has shea butter in it, too, along with cocoa butter. My dry lips love it. It is very moisturizing. It smells like coconuts, if you happen to like coconuts. Smiley Happy

I think that it is also very reasonably priced. You can find it at the "Mart" stores, for just a few dollars a tube. 

Here are the ingredients, from the "yes to carrots" website:

Ingredients: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mixed Tocopherols, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid. *Certified Organic Ingredient