Honored Contributor

Re: Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion Has Been Discontinued!

I think there are a lot of sites that still have it.  It may or may not get to the Cosmetics Company outlet.  I haven't seen it there before, and I've looked.  

I think the new one has no alcohol but it has witch hazel.   I think it will be fine.  

I'm sure it was discontinued as it didn't sell all that well.  The sales associates at the counters push the 2 and 3 and that's why those sell.  I used to work, many years ago, for Clinique so I know that's what's being pushed.

They even push the 4 for acne prone customers.  The 2 and 3 are the ones used more often---especially 2.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen And others. It's still available on Clinique's site. It looks like a few of us tried posting a link and were proofed (including me....it was early and I wasn't thinking).

A prior poster posted on how to find it.  Across the top, click on 3 step. Once the next menu pops up, click on exfoliate and it will come up. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@grammarqueen And others. It's still available on Clinique's site. It looks like a few of us tried posting a link and were proofed (including me....it was early and I wasn't thinking).

A prior poster posted on how to find it.  Across the top, click on 3 step. Once the next menu pops up, click on exfoliate and it will come up. 

The only thing I can think of is that it is only available in certain areas of the country because of which nearby warehouses still have stock. I just now checked and it is not on the website when I look. 

Good news - I went to the mall after church and I snagged the last one at Macy's! So this will keep me supplied until the 2 are shipped to me in a couple of weeks. I also snagged a Josie Maran untinted 2 oz sunscreen at Sephora. It's been on waitlist for months now at QVC.

Honored Contributor

this will be a huge loss. I use my formula 1 daily 2x's a day.  Formula 2 is to harsh for my face.

don't tell me I have to find a new toner to use. Ugh!!!!

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that it is only available in certain areas of the country because of which nearby warehouses still have stock. I just now checked and it is not on the website when I look. 

Good news - I went to the mall after church and I snagged the last one at Macy's! So this will keep me supplied until the 2 are shipped to me in a couple of weeks. I also snagged a Josie Maran untinted 2 oz sunscreen at Sephora. It's been on waitlist for months now at QVC.

@grammarqueen- I just looked again on Clinique's site. They ship nationally. I don't think they would have any idea where I'm located and that would affect what each person can see on the site.  I think maybe you're not looking in the right place or you should try clearing your cache and cookies and look again. In any case, I'm glad you found one locally.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Clarifying Lotion 1.0 replaces the former Mild. It has witch hazel in it, but no alcohol.  Just because Paula Begoune has written something negative about witch hazel as an ingredient should not make you write off anything which contains it.  I respect her reviews and opinions, but I do not live by them.  To me they are a reference to help you make an informed cosmetic decision.  In fact, some dermatologists recommend to their patients plain old drug store Dickens Witch Hazel for a daily a toner (exfoliator).  

In my opinion, I really don't see the need for 5 Clarifying Lotions.  I remember when Clinique first came on the market  (1969) and all of us young it girls flocked to it.  At the time I had very oily skin and terrible acne.  My dermatologist highly recommended the brand, but he suggested that I not use the Clarifying Lotion for skin type (IV), but rather Mild Clarifying Lotion (no alcohol).  His view was no one needed the harsh alcohol in the other formulas, but the witch hazel didn't hurt.  I no longer use Clinique as my principal skincare, but occassionally I like the feel of a toner, and I usually have a bottle of Mild Clarifying Lotion around.  The last one I bought was the 1.0 Twice a Day. 

Valued Contributor

I just looked at my checking account online, and there was a pre-authorization from Macy's for about $30, and I'm thinking, What is that? Then I realize that they found 2 Mild Clarifying lotions for me and are shipping them now! Thanks, Macy's!