Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clinique 3-step seems to be working great for me!

I used the 3-step in my 40's and early 50's and sometimes wish I would've continued using it.  I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel over my retinol cream for a few years after quitting the 3-step.  Then I started experimenting with different products and dropped Clinique completely. 

I have good, wrinkle-less skin for my age, but still wonder what my complexion would look like now if I'd stuck with Clinique.

@skincarejunkie -- please report back as you continue using the Clinique over time.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I definitely will!  I guess it does take some time to notice a difference, but I'm grateful that the flakiness has gone.  It was so annoying to see flakes on my forehead even though I have to blot it several times a day because it's so oily.  I wish I'd started when I was younger (I'm in my late 40's), but I guess it's better late than never!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post!

Frequent Contributor

@skincarejunki I am so glad to see you post this comment. I just switched to Clinique a couple weeks ago. I have so been reading reviews online trying to get input. I have tried so many face products I have so much hope in this one. These answers were so helpful for me. I have tried so many Josie Maran products and just wasn't getting any results for my dry skin.
Regular Contributor

Hello! So glad to hear that you,like the products! I have been using the 3-step system for oily skin for about 2-3 months & it really does help. I had the same issue as the flakiness & dryness & my foundation just sliding off my face. The sales rep really knew what she was talking about. I never thought I would like the DDML gel but I do! Sometime soon, I am going back to,check into more products from their line.  

Super Contributor

I wanted to add that I love Clinique's brow shaper in Charcoaled.  (I'm blonde).  The only problem is it lasts forever but I have lost the brush twice and cannot find any other brush that works as well.  Here's a picture of the brush in case you have any suggestions.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

If it ain't broke don't fix it and that is a good reason for Clinique to continue to offer that 3-step system as the brand's primary skincare regimen almost 50 years after it was introduced (1969).  

I started there back in '69 and although my skin has been through the changes of aging and I now need other things for best results, sometimes I need to get back to the basics of simply cleaning and moisturizing. For those periods few things work for me as well as the Clinique 3-step.  I don't feel anyone needs the stronger Clarifying Lotions (in my mind everyone's a II), that aside, it's a sensibly priced solid skincare regimen.