Contributor

I finally gave in and bought a clarisonic.  Only question is...do you remove youre makeup before using it?  or does this do it all with cleanser? 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Clarisonic/Makeup Removal

It's your, not youre.  You use it to take your makeup off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatheeGee wrote:

I finally gave in and bought a clarisonic.  Only question is...do you remove youre makeup before using it?  or does this do it all with cleanser? 

@KatheeGee

I use a make-up wipe to get the eye make-up off and swipe it over the rest of face and then use the clarisonic. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KatheeGee - I take my eye makeup off before then use the Clarisonic on my face and neck to clean and remove that makeup. Hope that helps 

Respected Contributor

If I have heavy make-up on, like a night look, I will use cold cream, then either Skin Medica Cleanser or CeraVe with the Clarisonic.

If it's just light make-up, I'll use a wipe first and again SkinM or CeraVe.

I love my Clarisonic, hope you will too!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

I take my makeup off first, then use the clarisonic.  My brushes last much longer this way.

Esteemed Contributor

I remove my makeup with a makeup wipe before using it. But I usually only use it in the morning when there is no makeup on.
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@KatheeGee - I take my eye makeup off before then use the Clarisonic on my face and neck to clean and remove that makeup. Hope that helps 

This is what I used to do when I used a Clarisonic.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had both the regular and the mia for years. I take my eye makeup off with a cosmetic pad and eye makeup remover and use the clairsonic to remove my face and neck makeup/sunscreen. Depending on how thick or dark your makeup is then a brush head will last 60-90 days. I have a variety of brush heads depending on what "issues" I have going on with my skin. I alternate between them and rinse them after each use with warm water.

Honored Contributor

@KatheeGee wrote:

It depends on the makeup and how I feel. I use the Clarisonic over my makeup, but I don't  usually wear eyeliner.

If I am wearing mascara, after I use the Clarisonic, I massage some cleanser over my eyes to remove the mascara and then rinse it all off together. If my mascara isn't waterproof or comes off easily, I might just rinse without the extra cleanser and use a q-tip and some moisturizer to remove any leftover bits.

If I'm wearing stubborn mascara or I did wear waterproof liner, then I'll use a separate eye makeup remover before I use the Clarisonic.