Honored Contributor

Re: Chaz looks so young with his new look.

@sonechko

Hi, haven't seen you around much, hope all is well! Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent @Drythe! It's just not the same when @bebe777 is not around, making everyone welcome with her kindness and responsiveness, and keeping the conversation flow seemingly endlessly.

Of course she still shows up with updates re specials around Wen visits, but it's not quite the same, as if when she hangs out here weaving the conversation..... And you Drythe not too chatty lately..... I don't know..... Also, taxes of course..... can't wait till it's done and I tend to procrastinate a lot. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think he looked young at all, I thought he looked like a middle aged man trying too hard to look you and hip.  Men make that tragic mistake too.

@chrystaltree

Why the mean?

@Drythe Why the mean with you?Woman Tongue

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think he looked young at all, I thought he looked like a middle aged man trying too hard to look you and hip.  Men make that tragic mistake too.

@chrystaltree

Why the mean?

@Drythe Why the mean with you?Woman Tongue

With  @Drythe???? How?

Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider

I don't believe I posted with you, unless you have multiple nicks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

It's funny @Drythe how one little mean post can gather quite a few "defenders". I guess, they absolutely not see this as mean, but rather as "honest". Priceless. Lol!
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:
It's funny @Drythe how one little mean post can gather quite a few "defenders". I guess, they absolutely not see this as mean, but rather as "honest". Priceless. Lol!

@sonechko

We have a phrase for that - it's called "Jumping on the bandwagon" do you

have a similar phrase from your home?

Esteemed Contributor

Lol! We say - do as I do, or die!
@Drythe
Esteemed Contributor

I think your phrase is still better applied in this instance though.
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Of course, @Carmie - it goes around and comes around! Alwats,

But slightly (or sometimes a lot) modified.

It changes...... Look, the pink color on the model above looks like hot mess, like a bad color job, but Woman Happy - it's not!

When I was 16-17 we did color our hair in all shades of red. All red shades possible, including pink.

But we thrived for a monotone color.  Highlighting was revealed to a general public so much later.... And just take a look at those new color mixes now! Unimaginable combos!

They NEVER were just like this before. And yet we are in different Millennium now, and as everything comes around, yes - it always does! 

But not quite the same, with a different twist, or sometimes - completely avant garde - completely fresh and new!

As a beautitian, Carmie you know - the difference is in little DETAILS!

I've been, observing world around me for a few decades, Carmie. I live in Los Angeles and spend a lot of time in West Hollywood every week.  I can tell for a fact - what I see people wearing now - hair, makeup, clothing, shoes, and attitudes - it is something, I've never seen before!

Even if vintage clothing is a thing to wear in LA, still the way they wear and mix it in, is totally different from the way my girlfriends and I wore it before.

I have to laugh, yes it's a bad color job, even if done on purpose.  It's much more difficult to achieve a consistent color,

just about any color or they way it is applied is ok by me.  Hair color, nail color and clothing is only temporary and fun to experiment with and it's harmless.

It sure keeps up guessing and scratching our heads.

"I have to laugh, yes it's a bad color job, even if done on purpose.  It's much more difficult to achieve a consistent color"

@Carmie, this is where I'll have to stop because in this paragraph I can see our irreconcilable differences - we are talking in different tongs, if you still insist that achieving a consistent color is so much more important than today's fashion and trends.

I seriously, absolutely sure, you know better than me - you studied, I did not.

You may also imply to know better how to color hair than Chaz does, after all he is only a small fish in a pond of hair business, and did not study in your beauty school, poor guy!

Oh stop.  I did not imply or insist anything.  You are just reading more into it than I intended.  Hair stylists are artists.  There are no two artists who are aIike and no two can get the same look.  

Fashion and trends are more relaxed today than I remember from years ago.  Are they more important now... NO!  They are just different and they will change again.

I know for a fact that I was a good colorist.  I did corrective color for many years which is more difficult than just coloring.  I don't think Chaz does his own coloring on his hair. Someone does it for him. He like the rest of us is free to wear his hair as he likes.

His hair color just looks like the mistake I made when I colored my mother's hair and didn't know how to fix it yet.  It is so easy to achieve that look and much more difficult to obtain a more consistent even color. In other words, not much skill is needed to obtain that look.

Back in 1976, during the  bicentennial of our country it was quite common to color hair and beards red, white and blue. The ombre look is not new at all, just the colors have changed.