Trusted Contributor

Charlotte Tilbury light wonder foundation - anyone try this brand?

I watched a Goss tutorial on YouTube and the foundation he used was Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation.  It is not available at my Nordstrom in store to test, but they sell it online....even the shade that Goss Beauty used looked like my exact match (7) and it looked gorgeous applied in his demo.  I'm tempted to order it, sight unseen, but am reluctant to since no one on here has posted its praise Smiley Embarassed

Anyone tried?  Have an opinion?  Recommend?  Does anyone know if you can return USED makeup to Nordstrom?  I wish I had a way of sampling the stuff before buying it, as I'm not big on cosmetic returns (I usually just chock it up to experience, bit since it is $50 I'd like to be more certain it will work....)

thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury light wonder foundation - anyone try this brand?

The only question I can answer that, yes, you can return used makeup to Nordstrom. HTH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 Yes, that helps.  Makes me willing to give it a try!  I think that it will work, but if it doesn't....good to know Nordstroms will let me send it back.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I have not personally tried Charlotte's makeup but have been very curious as I see it gets written up quite a bit, and there are a lot of good reviews on it on the Nordstrom website. I really want to try her lipstick and one of her cheek products, but they are pricey! I say give it a try and if it doesn't work, you can always return it although I know it is a hassle to return, but at 50.00, I would definitely return if it doesn't work out for you!

Occasional Contributor

Hi I have this foundation and like it a lot light but buildable I order from Nordstrom and you can return anything  a defininate plus with thehigh end cosmetics!

Valued Contributor

I have the foundation.  It is OK.   You have to build for coverage. She is about the glow.  I use my Hourglass primer when I use her foundation, once in a while.   I did not know that I could return a product to Norstroms. I like her concealer, face cream (I am oily and I do not break out.  I use it every day), mascara and lipsticks.  I purchased a bunch of products because it is like everything, you see something new and exciting, so I bought a lot.  I will continue to purchase other items besides the foundation.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the reposes.  I also have oily skin and the two techniques I use are a moisturizer followed by spot-concealing where needed (good skin days) or full face foundation with spot-concealing where needed (bad skin days). I had redness around my nose and on my chin.  Not rosacea, but redness.  You seem to like her concealer!  I don't mind th epic em I spend a ridiculous amount of money on makeup -still need to try every new thing out there - so if this brand actually works it is worth it.  I wish I could test colors though.  

Honored Contributor

FYI: I received an e-mail from Beautypedia today that listed ten "must-have" products. One of them was Charlotte Tilbury's K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Fallen From the Lipstick Tree lipstick. They gave it five stars and a rave review.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I've also been wanting to try this line but haven't found it in a Nordstrom to check it out.   I was going to try her powder to start but went with the Giorgio Armani, which I could check out in the store and I absolutely love so will stick with that for now.  Maybe I'll start with a lipstick.

Honored Contributor

If you can wait till next year or don;t mind ordering from Selfridges in the UK, her  Magic Foundation is......AMAZING.

Just.....amazing.