Super Contributor

Cerave Eye Cream-Thumbs down!

So I just finished the tube of Cerave Eye Cream and I am very disappointed in the condition of my eyes after 2 months of use…the skin is definitely dryer and more crepey. My dark circles have not diminished at all. I wanted to give the cream a fair test so I used most if the tube even though I never found it emollient enough but honestly it left my eyes in worse condition than when I started Smiley Sad I have switched to Skinn Collagenesis Eye Cream and my eyes are already improved in less than a week of use. I really like the Cerave wash but the eye cream is just terrible, IMO.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cerave Eye Cream-Thumbs down!

I read the beautypedia review on this - where does it promise to diminish dark circles? Not all eye creams do. There are special eye products that are supposed to do this.

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 grammarqueen said:

I read the beautypedia review on this - where does it promise to diminish dark circles? Not all eye creams do. There are special eye products that are supposed to do this.

Actually it says it right on the package…and from Cerave.com-Specially formulated with ceramides and hyaluronic acid, CeraVe® Eye Repair Cream is designed to visibly reduce dark circles and puffiness as it repairs and restores the delicate skin barrier around your eyes. The result? Brighter, smoother, healthier looking eyes you'll love waking up to.

Regular Contributor

I didn't like it either. Absolutely nothing special and wasn't hydrating enough for me either.

Respected Contributor

It has lightened my dark circles and kept my eczema in control until vacation this week! I went to Florida where city was is used. I am back home now and will see an improvement in going back to well water! It will take a week or so, but the Cerave works great for my oily skin without over moisturizing and leaving it oily. You may just need something that is more moisturizing for your skin type and stage of life. Our skin does change greatly as we age otherwise we would all have beautiful baby skin! Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing!

Respected Contributor

I didn't care for it, either. Not moisturizing enough & it broke me out on the top of my cheeks.

Super Contributor

My dermatologist recommends CeraVe products.

I like the eye cream -- it's gentle and doesn't bother my eyes. No milia, no stinging. I don't love it, but I've used worse.

Respected Contributor

Haven't tried the eye cream, but the CeraVe cleanser broke me out.

Super Contributor

I didn't find this product to be very moisturizing at all. I'll use it up around my mouth and on my hands, but IMO it's a loser as an eye cream. Kind of a do-nothing, not moisturizing, tiny tube of cream.

Respected Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Dusty1 said:

I didn't care for it, either. Not moisturizing enough & it broke me out on the top of my cheeks.

I'm oily skinned and the hydrating was will break you out. I purchased the one for oily/combo skin, the foaming cleanser. It is working well for me.