Honored Contributor

Cataract Surgery And Free Time

Now I promise this is beauty related and not in the wrong catagory! I had cataract surgery on Tuesday (everyone said you're too young for surgery, but yet I had it) and was told not to wear any eye makeup yet. If you knew me (I'm a makeup junkie) you would know how hard this is for me! I mean the only time I don't wear makeup is if I'm sick! Anyway I haven't been wearing makeup and can't believe how much time this is saving me! At first it was difficult to go out "naked" to the world and I have. Probably most people haven't even noticed. For now I will enjoy my extra time, but I know the second my doctor says I can wear makeup again I will!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cataract Surgery And Free Time

I had tri-focal implants put in both eyes about 3 years ago that have essentially provided me with 20/20 vision.  I, also, was told to hold off on the eye makeup for about 6 weeks.  When I went to work, I was so self-conscious thinking everyone would notice such a massive difference in my appearance I would have to explain my surgery time and time again...HAHAHA...nobody even noticed!!  no questions, no odd looks or glances...NOTHING..taught me a lesson; however, I was very happy to resume my normal makeup routine when the time came...again, nobody mentioned change...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda How was it adapting to tri-focal lens implants? Did you wear Progressive eyeglasses before your surgery?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I'm 62, having my first eye done on Aug 16, then the second 2 weeks later.  I wear trifocals now. I know everyone is different but would also like to know how you're doing

Trusted Contributor

Glad to give you feedback on the trifocal lens implants.  I wear no eyeglasses at all and have excellent vision.  Before the surgery I wore progressive eyeglasses.  My vision was so poor (even with the strongest prescription), I was concerned I wouln't be able to pass the eye exam when I renewed my drivers license!!  The only maintenance I do now is use occu-soft eyelid scrub pads every morning and celuvisc gel eyedrops every night before bed.  Throughout the day, when necessary, I use refresh eyedrops if I feel my eyes drying with the heat and A/C.  This surgery was worth every penny I paid for it because it gave me perfect vision!!

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, forgot to add...I had one eye done first and the other eye 3 weeks later.  A lot of drops after the surgeries.  I had no problem whatsoever adjusting to the implants.  Of course, they give you instructions about post-op care that I followed.  I go back once a year for an exam and my vision hasn't changed at all.  If I can answer any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

Sorry, forgot to add...I had one eye done first and the other eye 3 weeks later.  A lot of drops after the surgeries.  I had no problem whatsoever adjusting to the implants.  Of course, they give you instructions about post-op care that I followed.  I go back once a year for an exam and my vision hasn't changed at all.  If I can answer any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

amazing ❤️

Super Contributor

I had cataract Surgery a couple years ago and now I am having a follow up cataract surgery called YAG ?  Evidently it is very common as they had us lined up like an assembly.  They just do a laser and remove a film that accumlates.  Not nearly as bad as the cataract surgery and vision is back to perfect.  Just a hassle having to go back and have one eye done at a time.  Supposedly this procedure never has to be done again!