Honored Contributor

Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo and conditioner

I just received the  TS of shampoo, conditioner and mask. I used  it today and my hair came out very nice and smells lovely as well.  It was not drying at all. I remember a thread a few days ago where a lot of people said how drying it was. My hair is natural ,not dyed, silver/ white.  I only wash my hair once a week. Maybe those that found it drying were using it several times a week. I rotate my shampoos and conditioners also which I think is better than using the same shampoo all the time.

Regular Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo and conditioner

It was very drying to me.  I did not even use it but 2 maybe 3 times.  My hair was a dry and tangled mess.  Even with leaving the conditioner on longer I could not get a brush through my hair.  I did like the smell though.

Trusted Contributor

Was going to buy that special but I have used the Monoi set several times and my type hair did not respond very well. (fine, straight, long, colored) and was dry and unruly/ I do LOVE the smell though and I like and use the anti-breakage spray and end sealer still. I guess Carols Daughter is like anything else, some like it and it works wonders for those persons and others not so much. Im glad it turned out well for you and that you found a set that does well for your hair. I do like T-weaked very much and have found that is my new go to hair cleanser. Again some love that and others not so much. Enjoy your purchase as that was a very good deal. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just received the  TS of shampoo, conditioner and mask. I used  it today and my hair came out very nice and smells lovely as well.  It was not drying at all. I remember a thread a few days ago where a lot of people said how drying it was. My hair is natural ,not dyed, silver/ white.  I only wash my hair once a week. Maybe those that found it drying were using it several times a week. I rotate my shampoos and conditioners also which I think is better than using the same shampoo all the time.

I cannot speak for all the others that complained about it being drying but I generally only wash my hair every 3-4 days or so and I still found it drying. My hair, which is normal (i.e. not dry and not oily) became tangled and like a big knot immediately while I was washing it. Glad it worked for you though. I did think the smell was nice, although a bit strong.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried it when my hair was long and didn't like the way the conditioner didn't allow me to get a large-toothed comb through my hair. I did like the smell, and I might like it better with shorter hair now, but I gave it away after a few tries.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

I ordered the shampoo, leave in spray conditioner, and the mask several months ago.  Total waste of money - all the products.  Am staring at them now in my vanity getting ready to just pitch them.  I really wondered after trying more than once - what are all the hosts at HSN raving about - and the callers too!!  One of the worst hair lines I have every tried.

Regular Contributor

I got this special, too and I have to say these products work very well for me.  The shampoo and conditioner left my hair very soft and easy to manage.  I have been co washing now for several months, so this is the first shampoo I've used for a while.