Honored Contributor

Can you recommend an eye cream that soaks in?

Hi.  Can you provide some recommendations?   I'm looking for an oil-free eye cream that will actually soak into my skin.  What I've been using seems to just sit on top and I always have that greasy feeling.  I like a matte feel. The dermatologist said I should use oil-free moisturizers because I have a little rosascea.  OTC or dept store recommendations are welcome.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Can you recommend an eye cream that soaks in?

Try the gel from L'Oreal 

Esteemed Contributor

Tarte Eye Brightening cream. They sell it at Sephora. QVC used to sell it, but they discontinued it in favor or all IT products. This is a great cream, sinks in,  non-greasy. 

Frequent Contributor

I use Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream during the day, and Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream at night - both absorb very well (e.g. my eye makeup stays on throughout the day), and I have absolutely no wrinkles around my eyes (I am 54, people say I look like I am in my early to mid forties). 

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi.  Can you provide some recommendations?   I'm looking for an oil-free eye cream that will actually soak into my skin.  What I've been using seems to just sit on top and I always have that greasy feeling.  I like a matte feel. The dermatologist said I should use oil-free moisturizers because I have a little rosascea.  OTC or dept store recommendations are welcome.  Thank you!

I can absolutely recommend Isomers Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula on Evine, or from Isomers . ca site.  The most absorbing and most effective eye product I've used to date. I also, of course, use one or another Isomers eye serum under it.

ISOMERS Skincare Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula 1 oz - 310-015
310-015- ISOMERS Skincare Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula 1 oz
Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I can absolutely recommend Isomers Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula on Evine, or from Isomers . ca site.  The most absorbing and most effective eye product I've used to date. I also, of course, use one or another Isomers eye serum under it.

ISOMERS Skincare Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula 1 oz - 310-015
310-015- ISOMERS Skincare Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula 1 oz

@sonechko is this a moisturizer or just tightening formula?  I am thinking it would be drying.  I just recently two new items from Sephora from the Boscia line and it's too oily and I want to bring it back because it burns my eyes.  For some reason anytime I've tried an oil, it bothers my eyes and I'm not putting it directly on them.  I've been looking for something that soaks in and does not sit on the top of skin.

Valued Contributor

Bobbi Brown eye cream absorbs beautifully and is one of my favorites.
Esteemed Contributor

This is both - moisturizing and tightening, @sparklestar. This is NOT by no means drying. It's everything you eye area needs.

I can't even imagine trying oil for eye moisturizing, or anything from Sephora and such. But you'll hear a lot of very different advice.

Look, I am not going to convince anyone to use it or not, but you may open the product listing on Evine, read the desciption, use, ingredients, and of course customer reviews to make your decision, besides they have an extended for holidays return policy.

The price is for a single item. I buy Isomers all the time, and exclusively using Isomers, so I buy Mesmer-Eyez in kit/kits and on A/D when I can.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  This is just a thought, but maybe your face needs more exfoliation and removal of dead skin?  This could be why products aren't penetrating.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@sonechko thanks so much for the advice.  It might be just what I'm looking for.  Others are always posting about organic oils and how amazing they are, but honestly I've tried a few and they always irritate my skin and just sit there all greasy.

I appreciate your time.