Honored Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a great face mask??

@kutira wrote:

I used a wonderful clay mask from QVC at least 15 years ago.  I bought the Purity Made Simple mask and it burned my face.  I am looking for something that will clean and hydrate.  So, any recommendations?  TIA. Heart

I don't know what you mean by clean. Do you mean something that will wash your face or something that will help absorb oils and clean out pores?

I don't know of one mask that does both, but here are my favorite masks:

Origins Masks:

Out of Trouble: Great mask for all over or spot treating overnight. Good for acne and cleaning out pores.

Clear Improvement: Also great for all over or spot treating over night. Great for cleaning out pores.

Drink Up Intensive: Great moisture mask. You can leave it on for 20 minutes or put it on over moisturizer 20 minutes before bed and sleep with it on.

Borghese Fango Active Mud: Great at cleaning out pores. You can leave this one for a while or spot treat overnight.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Sleeping Mask: This one is great if you want to wake up with smoother, brighter skin. It's fantastic for that. It can be drying, so I like to out it on under either Drink Up Intensive or a layer of oil - or both.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Adelina wrote:

What kind of mask are you looking for @kutira?  

For a great hydrating mask I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask. I like it because it does not dry down like most clay-based masks. As a matter of fact, you can leave this one on overnight for a deeper treatment. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly.

Paula's Choice also has a mask for blackheads and large pores called Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask. I have not tried that one. It is for combination skin or oily skin.

You can get samples from them. 

Cruelty-free Company as well.

I, too, love Paula's hydrating mask. In winter, I wear it to bed several nights a week.

Super Contributor

Havebeen using Freeman's Feeling beautiful Avocadi & Oatmeal mask...

Love it.. Do have very sensitive skin and like the benefits it gives me... I use it 2 to 3 times a week.. To add very inexpensive as well..

lovestodance

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all so much.  I think I'll try the one at Whole Foods.  I definitely do not want one to leave on overnight.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@nrm wrote:

I use Peter Thomas Roth cucumber  mask or rose mask for hydration. I use his pumpkin mask to exfoliate. I got the trio when it was a one time only. 

Which PTR mask do you prefer between the Cucumber & Rose Mask and why? I love the Cucumber mask but am thinking of buying the Rose mask, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Another great one is the isomers moisture mask.  Great deal on it right now.  I don't know if you will be able to see a presentation because it will probably sell out soon.  I stocked up especially with the 6 value pays.  For Me it is all hydration and zero irritation.

Trusted Contributor

I use the pumpkin enzyme mask and the use the cucumber mask after. It cools my face down and there's no scent that I can smell I also have the rose gel and I've only used it once. It woks the same as the cucumber but after smelling the pumpkin mask I prefer the no scent cucumber if that makes sense. The rose smells just like a rose - nothing artificial and I think it's a nice mask to wear at night which I've done. Hope this helps, Surfer Wife. Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

I second Fango mud masks!  Also suggest ebay or wait a few weeks and purchase on evine. They have an upcoming show I think.  purity burned my face and made it tight and itchy. I have rosecea and sensitive skin. Fango Delicato is wonderful for me. Its gentle and cleans my skin without any irritation. It feels like it soothes my skin. I use it twice a week. 

Respected Contributor

My skin has never looked and felt so great since I started using Borghese Fango masks. I use a few of them and they have also one for sensitive skin (Delicato). You should look into these masks sold on evine live. 

Honored Contributor

@Surfer Wife wrote:

@nrm wrote:

I use Peter Thomas Roth cucumber  mask or rose mask for hydration. I use his pumpkin mask to exfoliate. I got the trio when it was a one time only. 

Which PTR mask do you prefer between the Cucumber & Rose Mask and why? I love the Cucumber mask but am thinking of buying the Rose mask, too.

From time to time, I'll use a pumpkin enzyme mask (someone else's).  The PTR mask trio kit sounds kind of nice.  I had a horrible reaction to his Moor Mud Mask.  I call it a chemical burn because I don't know what else to call it, but that mask really did a number on the skin on each side of my mouth (and I don't even consider myself to have especially sensitive skin).  It was inflamed and peeling for several weeks.  I continued to mildly exfoliate and use extra moisturizer, but it wasn't getting better as fast as I hoped it would.  I had an event this past Friday night and I needed it healed so all last week I kept applying triple antibiotic ointment several times a day.  I'm happy to say that did the trick, but I'm warning people that the Moor Mud Mask could be irritating so proceed with caution.