Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me about Antonella's french fade manicure?

I think her nails are beautiful.   Does anyone know what all is involved in her type of manicure?   It's an ombre color, pink and sparkly.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone tell me about Antonella's french fade manicure?

[ Edited ]

I, personally, don't have knowledge on the manicure, but I looked at a QVC video from yesterday of Antonella to get an idea of how her nails looked.  I then googled "french fade manicure," and a few video tutorials were included in the search results.  You might find them helpful.  I, also, noticed a few people on Facebook asked Antonella about her nails, but I didn't see any replies.  Hopefully others can give you more specifics, but maybe the tutorials from the google search will help in the meantime.  Good luck!

(Edited to add:  Try googling "ombre manicure" too.) 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are probably more than 10 ways to skin a cat as there are with these nails.  Where I go, they use tips which are painted already and the color is added to the nails.  The shop where I once went does it several different ways from painting the whole thing to adding on an acrylic nail and filing it down, painting as they go and some of the girls use acrylics and China glaze with tips,etc.  See the tutorials on YouTube.

Trusted Contributor

yuck, I think her nails look awful, not the color, but just to thick and long.

Respected Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

yuck, I think her nails look awful, not the color, but just to thick and long.

@dogsx3, I have to agree.  When they did a close up of her hands the nails just didn't look right.  It seemed as though her nails were too big for her hands or something.  But, I did like the color.

Respected Contributor

If also agree her nails never look great. There are some hosts that have beautiful nails. Antonella's have never looked professional. When she donned her natural nails, the filing and polish always looked sloppy. Now with the acrylic, they are thick, uneven and very distracting from the items she's trying to sell.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the french fade though it would not be my choice but whoever did her nails did an awful job. They get wide once they leave the nail bed and they are super thick. They seriously remind me of when I was in cosmetology school and we learned acrylics, we all had to practice on one another. Of course most of us had never done it before so all of our nails looked awful, really reminds me of how her nails looked when I saw them yesterday. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, this isn't nail polish that is used to create that. It is the color of acrylic powder and you can get nude ombre or pink ombre. The nail tech does it by using different colors of acrylic powders.

Here is a sculpted nude ombre. For pink you would use pink acrylic powder instead of nude. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0-QXd8tatY

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like her nails at all....I prefer the more simple ...plain nails like Jennifer has....her nails always look so nice....there is one other Host as nice as Jens...but darned if I can recall her name right now...

The Hosts name just popped into my head...Rachael B...her nails always look great, too....

Respected Contributor

Nope, not a fan of her nails at ALL. I like a clean look like Jennifer's.