Respected Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Describe DK Cashmere Mist Scent?

I wouldn't describe it as powdery. It has a sandalwood base with a touch of vanilla. I think there might be bergamot in it as well. You really should just try it the next time you're in a store. I love it and I use other scents (Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, Flowerbomb, Sexy Amber), but I always come back to Cashmere Mist.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I haven't bought it or worn it. I asked a lady I know what she was wearing one day and it was CM. I was going to buy it for myself, but haven't had the chance to try it out to make sure it smelled the same on me.

I just did a search and found the rollerball at 6pm.com for $19.95 (on sale) and free shipping. I'm going to think about that one!

Valued Contributor

I love Cashmere Mist! My young students always comment on how nice I smell! Some may call it "grandmotherly", but I think it just smells warm, comfy, and familiar. Wouldn't be without it.

Honored Contributor

• Design House: Donna Karan
  • Fragrance Notes: fresh floral jasmine, sandalwood & vanilla.
  • Year Introduced: 1994
  • Recommended Use: daytime
Cashmere Mist from Donna Karan is a fresh, warm fragrance for women. A delightful, fresh floral jasmine mixes perfectly with rich sandalwood and sweet vanilla to create a beautiful blend. Introduced in 1994, this gentle scent adds an understated touch of elegance to your daytime activities, whether you're out and about town or working inside. Spray it on before you head out in the morning for a distinctive yet subtle scent that will last the whole day.
Cashmere Mist is a sensual and powdery mist with a woody base and it was presented in 1994. Its notes of bergamot, jasmine, lily of the valley, suede, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, musk and cashmere create an oriental-woody composition of the fragrance.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I gifted CM to someone who I knew wore it,but first I decided to test it on myself. Loved it and the rest is history. Has real staying power. Love 613,but this is very different. Husband likes it,too.
Super Contributor

Cannot describe it, but can say that I have received numerous compliments on how nice it smells. I love it and so does my honey.
Contributor

I've been wearing it for many years. Have tried other scents but always come back to CM. I especially like the body lotion. It has real staying power but is not overpowering. I encourage you to try it for yourself.
Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Lotus~ said:

I love it....very "powdery scent" not too strong or overbearing. It smells a little bit vanilla-ery....with a slight hint of musk...maybe some amber or sandlewood?

It's really nice.

I think that's pretty accurate, It's a soft scent.

Respected Contributor

I shared it with my grandmother. We both wear it, ages 30 and 75 at the time. We both still wear it.

Honored Contributor

I really don't like that scent...a friend wears it all the time and makes me feel sick so I am always happy when she runs out and has to wait for a special occasion to receive more.She always talks about how much she loves it so I just can't say how much I hate it.