blow it straight. I find when I let it dry naturally and use WEN my hair is

frizzy BUT if I use regular conditioner my hair is far better, curlier and

more hydrated and I've used almost all including FIG, 613. If I blow it

straight WEN works fine. So I was wondering...does anyone

else have the same issue?

THANKS!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CURLY GIRLS HELP! CC vs Conditioner

Wen Fig has glycerin. That's why you get summer frizz, it's a humectant.

For your conditioner, are you using it to wash or as a conditioner? Cowashing didn't work for me (until Wen), so I can't answer that question.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I'm naturally curly and love Wen. I use mostly Tea Tree and mix in others occasionally. Fig has been good to me as well. If I only use the CC with no leave ins or styling products then the frizz can get bad. My hair is a few inches below my chin, layered and on the thinner side. I use a nickel size of CC as my leave in, then a pump and a half of the Styling Cream, 6-9 pumps of mousse and on really humid days 5-8 squirts of Volumizing Treatment Spray mixed in with my SC. And I get little to no frizz doing this. Chaz says that if you let your hair dry naturally, then you need to use more Styling Cream. I have even used up to 2 pumps of SC. Since your hair is long you may need to use more than me. Hope this helps! :-)
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor

I have long curly color treated hair. Many months ago I tried Fig and hated it. My hair was flyaway and frizzy. I used it exclusively until the 16oz was done to adjust to learning curve. I gave up until last month when I decided to try Tea Tree and SAM. I love it!! My hair has minimal frizz and is curly and soft. I guess you have to find the right formulation for you. I used Aveda products and loved those as well.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I have long curly (ethnic) color treated hair. I always use tea tree as my first cleanse (really concentrating on a good scalp massage) and then mixing a couple of CCs together depending on how my hair is behaving. Today, for example, my second cleanse was half fig and half SHP.

Regardless of the CC cocktail I must use styling products to give my curls form, shine and bounce. Right now I am in love with Bed Head (TIGI) 'After Party' a smoothing cream that adds lots of moisture and Josie Maran's 'Argan Oil Hair Serum'. The serum eliminates frizz and smells heavenly.

p.s. I use WEN tea tree treatment oil as an overnight at least 3 times a week.

Contributor

My hair is just below my bra strap, naturally curly and fine, but I have a lot of it. I stopped using both shampoo and conditioner when I started Wen last September, so I can't offer you a comparison for my hair.

With Wen, I need to use about a pump of CC as my leave-in and then I also use the SC and VTS mixed with a few drops of oil. My hair is never weighed down and it eliminates 99% of the frizz and sometimes all of it. If I am left with any frizz once my hair is dry, I spritz it with RTM which does the trick Smile

My favourite CC's are TT and Fig, but I've recently been adding in some SAM for the summer, which is working great so far. I also occasionally use the BGT. I can't use it very often as my hair doesn't like too much of the 'added extras', but if I use it once or twice a month then I get great results with it.

The thing with Wen is that you have to be prepared to go through some trial and error to find the perfect CC's for your hair and also, which CC's work for your hair during different seasons. For example; many curly haired women here say that Fig and SAM make their hair frizz in the summer, where-as for me, they are the perfect CC's when I mix them with TT. I tend to use Fig and TT in the colder months and in the warmer months I add in some SAM and use less Fig, but I still use the TT.

I know it can be frustrating, but maybe you could order the multi-pack of small sized CC's, so that you can try all of the core range to see which give you the best results. You can try them individually and then maybe mix them up to see if a couple mixed together work well for your hair. I think it's the perfect way to try them without spending a fortune Smile But if you are happy to continue using normal conditioner, then stick with that. Ultimately, you should do what works for you {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

AEON,

Hi, I have used WEN for 2 years and tried most of them. My hair responds

pretty much the same to all of them. I use traditional conditioner in

the summer when I keep my hair curly.

I was wondering if some else had the same experience as me using traditional

conditioner vs WEN When leaving hair curly.

Thanks

Contributor

On 8/4/2014 amabO said:

AEON,

Hi, I have used WEN for 2 years and tried most of them. My hair responds

pretty much the same to all of them. I use traditional conditioner in

the summer when I keep my hair curly.

I was wondering if some else had the same experience as me using traditional

conditioner vs WEN When leaving hair curly.

Thanks

Sorry, I mis-understood what you were asking. That's what happens when I spend time on these forums when I'm at work - I don't pay attention! lol

Occasional Contributor

If u are having a problem with frizz try organix nourishing coconut milk anti-breakage serum. It makes my hair curly and hydrated no frizz. You can buy it at Walgreen's or amazon.
Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Nickyo said: If u are having a problem with frizz try organix nourishing coconut milk anti-breakage serum. It makes my hair curly and hydrated no frizz. You can buy it at Walgreen's or amazon.

Another vote for this coconut milk serum. It tames frizz and smells heavenly.