Respected Contributor

Re: CG lumi OR L'Oreal tru match luminous

thanks so much ladies, sounds like I will now try the L'Oreal Tru Match Luminous.

Will look for a shade now. I am light/medium in Mally defender and in BE serum foundation I am bare shell and when I tried IT CC I was light so?

I have either a cool or a neutral undertone I would say.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a neutral in the loreal. I think it's classic ivory. I think it is the second lightest neutral shade. Let us know how you like it.
Respected Contributor

will do, planning on getting it this weekend for sure.

Respected Contributor

I did pick up Saturday in the n3 and love it. It is the perfect shade for me thank goodness since I got it at a local Walmart and around here anyway they don't take back any opened cosmetics so, I was very lucky n3 is perfect for me.

I put it on around 4 PM Sunday afternoon  and it is now 4:30 AM Monday morning and it looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on.

Can't thank you ladies enough.

Trusted Contributor

I posted on the other thread and will copy and paste here what I wrote there:

"There are honestly not enough wonderful things I could say about the True Match Lumi foundation!!  In my 62 years, I have tried MANY foundations from very high end to cheapy, trying to find the holy grail of foundation for my skin.  I found the Lumi foundation about 2 years ago and haven't looked back!  Took me a couple tries to find the right color, but once I did........BINGO!  I don't know what I'll do when they discontinue this!!  :-(   And believe me...sooner or later......L'Oreal  always discontinues popular cosmetics for some totally stupid unknown reason!   Right now I'm stacked up with 5 back-up bottles!  LOL"

Respected Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I posted on the other thread and will copy and paste here what I wrote there:

"There are honestly not enough wonderful things I could say about the True Match Lumi foundation!!  In my 62 years, I have tried MANY foundations from very high end to cheapy, trying to find the holy grail of foundation for my skin.  I found the Lumi foundation about 2 years ago and haven't looked back!  Took me a couple tries to find the right color, but once I did........BINGO!  I don't know what I'll do when they discontinue this!!  :-(   And believe me...sooner or later......L'Oreal  always discontinues popular cosmetics for some totally stupid unknown reason!   Right now I'm stacked up with 5 back-up bottles!  LOL"

thanks Nitestar, maybe I too should get extras huh? I do like this and since my foundation is on a good 12 to  14 hours I need something that lasts and stays looking nice, this does. Don't you hate when you find something you love and they discontinue it, hate that.

Respected Contributor

I really like BB cream and I don't like spending forty bucks. I buy Korean BB cream for about fourteen bucks and it really makes my skin look so much better. If I want more coverage, I just dust some mineral foundation powder, like IT Celebration over it. 

I'm a big fan Japanese and Korean cosmetics. Especially skin care. I've been using Japanese soap and moisturizer for years and BB cream. My skin looks fairly good for being over sixty--I have a few lines starting at my eyes and of course the "11" but very few others. They really like good complexions in Asia. When I worked there, my women colleagues told me that the ideal of beauty was a flawless complexion and they really worked on that (sunscreen, whitening cream, moisturizer and protection from smog and pollution.) And...a good diet loaded with fish doesn't hurt either.