Honored Contributor

You can also go to their website for more information & consumer reviews.

I used one of their colored lip balms but it had an odd scent.   Nothing bad but I didn't like it. 

@pommom wrote:

Saw a commercial for Burt's Bees lipstick.  Has anyone tried it?  If so, what do you think?

Regular Contributor

They are okay in my opinion but waxy. I like something softer. Have a few, but decided i wasn't reaching for them and stopped purchasing other colors.

Honored Contributor

I had a really annoying reaction to some of the tinted lip products. They were some of  the "cooling" ones, and I couldn't figure out which, so I stopped using the lip products altogether.

My lips would peel immediately after application, and it took days for them to heal. Not worth experimenting with them. 

Respected Contributor

I have wanted to like this line for years. I finally gave up after trying any number of things because they just don't work at all for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

As lip balms go, the Burt's Bees are really good in my opinion.  I buy the small, skinny tinted balms to wear around the house or over lipsticks (these are $1 at the supermarket).  Very moisturizing, but the color doesn't last more than 30 minutes or so - but I don't buy them for their color.

I have one BB's lip crayon, which is also a tinted balm.  I light pink.  I love it!  Again, super moisturing and the color lasts maybe 2 hours  The creamy balm disappears, but the color lasts. .  It's also excellent for over a dark lipstick to tone down the color and make the color last.  When I need lip balms, I always buy BB's.   But I've never tried their lipsticks....yet.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

it doesn't last on me. tried it once and never again. the lip balm has a cooling effect, but that's another one i stopped using. chapstick total hydration is so much better. long lasting moisturization and the flavors are good

------------------

I haven't used Chapstick in decades but recently tried these Total Hydration balms. I love the Smooth Oasis which is unscented and clear, as well as the Rose Petal, which I like more than the Fresh Sugar lip treatment. They offer just the right amount of hydration without being too soft.