Respected Contributor

Saw a commercial for Burt's Bees lipstick.  Has anyone tried it?  If so, what do you think?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

I have been using this brand for aout a year and do like it.  I bought it because this company does not test on animals.  It does not last all day but neither did the other brands I had been using.  

Trusted Contributor

While we are on Burt's Bees lip products, has anyone tried their lip balms? I'm looking for a good natural lip balm. Didn't know they had a lipstick, would love to try it.

Frequent Contributor

It has good depth of color and is nice and moist, but it doesn't last very long. Need to reapply quite often. 

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

I have been using this brand for aout a year and do like it.  I bought it because this company does not test on animals.  It does not last all day but neither did the other brands I had been using.  

@chlema Just and FYI, Burts bees is owned by The Clorax Company which is one of the worst offenders in terms of animal testing.  So although Burts bees claims to be cruelty free, profits still go to their parent company which still tests. If that is important to you.

Contributor

I tried it and found it to be sticky. Threw it away. This was a few years back, never tried it again. 

Respected Contributor

@Redboots wrote:

I tried it and found it to be sticky. Threw it away. This was a few years back, never tried it again. 

--------------

Are you referring to the balms? The lipsticks in the square tubes are relatively new.  I have one color and I think it's pretty nice, although I don't find myself reaching for it very often. The only disadvantage is that the lipstick does not fully retract into the tube so you have to be very careful putting on the lid until you've used quite a bit of it. Maybe I'm lazy and that's why I haven't use it very much, lol.

Trusted Contributor

it doesn't last on me. tried it once and never again. the lip balm has a cooling effect, but that's another one i stopped using. chapstick total hydration is so much better. long lasting moisturization and the flavors are good. has anyone tried wet n wild lipstick? it's super cheap, has nice shades, and it actually stays even when i eat. 

Honored Contributor

@FLGators

Their tinted - and clear - lip balms are great.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze  No, I didn't know it was owned by Clorox.  It is so darn hard to find products manufactured by companies that do not test on animals.