New Contributor

I'm new to Wen, and love it. I'm about 3 weeks in and using TT only. So far I'm still cleansing every 2 days (same as with poo), but I love what its done for my hair, and I mean LOVE!!!!

That being said, I'm experiencing a build up of something on the root balls of my hair which is white and waxy in nature. It's relatively rare, but increasing in frequency. For example I noticed 1 hair like this in September before Wen, but since Wen, noticed 1 a week, and then this morning 2 in the same day. The reason I'm concerned is I came to Wen because of hair loss (high stress, and hormonal changes related to bcp), and was told by a hair care company out of Southern California known to help people regrow their hair that I had buildup on my roots that would lead to continued hair loss if it wasn't addressed. That's all well and good, but I can't afford $400+ a month to buy their special shampoos that turn your hair into straw.

Any way, has this happened to anyone else and is there anything you did that worked and still allowed you to use WEN, because I don't think I can give it up! I have very fine straight hair, I do the 2 cleanse thing, and Rinse rinse rinse. I blowdry but do not use anyother products.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!