Respected Contributor

When I was meeting with various beauty companies, their philosophy was that women are loyal to their skin care products. If they are working, they will remain with those products.  They are not loyal to cosmetics. They will bounce around trying new items at random. Would you say that is true for most of you today?

Natura Bisse was the best skin care I ever used. Sadly, they discontinued their sensitive line. As I have aged I have become more and more sensitive. Clinique, particularly Moisture Surge, is my fail safe at the moment.

Chantecaille Future Skin is the best foundation for me. It is oil free and creates a beautiful texture on the skin. I use the product in a jar, but I always use a cosmetic paddle to remove the amount I need. I never put my finger into any product.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like it is true for me - about the skin care products working. But maybe it is more that specific ingredients are working. The only thing I haven't veered from is Victoria Principal cleanser.

Yes, much more apt to experiment w/ colors.

It's a shame that NB's sensitive line was discontinued for you!

Esteemed Contributor

Brand Loyalty? 😳

In an era of skyrocketing inflation, dubious claims, shady corporate practices, reformulations and shrinkflation I give as much loyalty to Almighty Corporate as they give to me.

Honored Contributor

I may be loyal to one brand for a short amount of time--but if in a few months, there isn't much happening then I am not apt to re- buy. Right now my go- to is Kiehls brand. I do like the avocado eye cream especially. But I use Korres and Prai too. Different brands for different areas. Also am a fan of Peter Thomas Roth. So I do skip around alot. 

Trusted Contributor

I am not loyal to any brand of skincare. I like to try new things, and when I go in, I go pretty deep and try many things. No brand is good at everything, so I play around with the brand. When I use the stuff up, I am ready to move on. Over time I have found a few things I stick to but not many. 

As for color and makeup, I try new things but I usually stick to the same things. I wear a lot of make-up but it just isn't as important to me. I get a lot of compliments on my makeup and I know what works and what doesn't. I mostly use drugstore makeup and am happy with it. 

Respected Contributor

I am loyal to both skincare and cosmetics that are working for me.  If something is not working I shop around.  I am doing that with my haircare right now. 

Regular Contributor

@On ItOn your Future Skin Foundation what color selection are you using?  I am fair with blue undertones and they have five color selections in that group.  Just wondering if you have used different shades since starting this line.  Appreciate any advice you have.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brand Loyalty

[ Edited ]

I've been using Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion for over a decade. I guess you can say that's 'loyal'. But until I can find a better product for less money then I'm staying with that lotion. Can't beat the price for you get. I still hate their bottle though. 

As for cosmetics...not much to say about those b/c I use less and less of it each passing year. 

Respected Contributor

@sugarbee wrote:

@On ItOn your Future Skin Foundation what color selection are you using?  I am fair with blue undertones and they have five color selections in that group.  Just wondering if you have used different shades since starting this line.  Appreciate any advice you have.

My color is Camomile. I had used Cream in the center areas of my face for contouring, and it was beautiful. With the current price point I am using Camomile on my whole face.

If you happen to live near a Neiman-Marcus or Nordstrom, they could do a color match. I worked with Chantecaille color for several years, and I cannot read the color choices that are being posted these days. Back when the line was young, Camomile was lighter. The next color going darker was Cream. That was how I began with those two colors.

Honored Contributor

How interesting!  Yes this is true for me.  I have been using Elemis skin care for several years now.  I just stocked up on a few items that Amazon had on sale for their Prime day.  I mostly use Elemis but I have added the PTR retinal night time serum that was a TSV a while ago.

As for makeup, I have stuck with my Clinique foundation but when it comes to eye shadow, liners & lipsticks I am open to try anything new.  I have several brands in makeup....Clinique, Mac, IT, Mally, Charlotte Tilbury & Benefit are the ones that come to mind up in my makeup cabinet.