Trusted Contributor

Re: Bookmarking A Post You Want to Keep

@NYC Susan wrote:

@juperier wrote:

@Adelina, @NYC Susan First, first a couple of my thoughts as to why the info doesn't seem to be out there based on years of working - if detailed info is out there 1) a certain percentage of people are going to be intimidated/overwhelmed and 2) others are going to ask the nearest warm body or grumble rather than investing the time to find and read the info.

I understand what you're saying, but with all due respect I think it's ridiculous to not provide information about how to navigate something new.  I'm not even referring to every tiny detail (although I think every tiny detail should be provided for those interested enough to explore).  I'm talking about the basics.

It's not "detailed info" that's missing, it's a lot of basic things also.  I'm pretty tech-savvy, but a lot of posters here are not, and it's very unfair to them to be left to fend for themselves when a simple tutorial could at least explain the basics.

It seems to me that plenty of people are - to use your words - intimidated, overwhelmed, and grumbling right now!.  There certainly would be less of that if QVC had made this whole process much more user-friendly.

I really do understand what you're saying. I'm actually one of those who would love to have access to "every tiny detail." I also think (quite) a bit more Q&A type info would have been very helpful for those who did make use of it. But based on my entire 40+ year work history, it's really hard to make something "user friendly" for those who are feeling freaked out and/or incompetent due to changes beyod their control...which is a lot of what I'm reading.  I'm confident that those of us who are tech savvy can be very effective sharing our knowledge within forums we normally visit.Hopefully the Q is making notes of the actual issues people have identified and either fixing them or preparihg brief tutorials explaining how to do specific things. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Respected Contributor

I was looking for this option also. That was one of my favorite options on the old forum. This one is too confusing!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
@surfk, you can't "heart" your own post. It is grayed out. I just "hearted" your post. There is a 1 beside it.
Honored Contributor

Hmm bookmarks are a function of the browser you use not this board specifically

@Adelina wrote:

I posted this in another category, but I thought I would post it again for my Beauty friends:

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, ideas, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

Go to the item you want to bookmark.
To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this ....
To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this ....

To view and manage your bookmarks:

Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
Click My Bookmarks.
You can click a bookmark to go to the item.

To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@juperier wrote:

I did have success opening the specific topic within a Forum I want to follow, then opening the Topic Options menu and clicking on Float this Topic to the Top. Now when I open a particular forum, the topic(s) are pinned to the top. I like this much better than the old "My Activity" since I can easily find and follow a topic even if I have not commented on it.

excellent, thank you! Better than nothing!

> yes thx for this...I feel like I'm taking an on-line class to navigate through a shopping forum ! probably plenty of short cuts here, just the creators know them ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hmm bookmarks are a function of the browser you use not this board specifically

@Adelina wrote:

I posted this in another category, but I thought I would post it again for my Beauty friends:

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, ideas, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

Go to the item you want to bookmark.
To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this ....
To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this ....

To view and manage your bookmarks:

Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
Click My Bookmarks.
You can click a bookmark to go to the item.

To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

Some forums do allow you to bookmark posts, but I don't believe this one does and these instructions don't appear to work on this forum. 

I do use my browser for bookmarks and it works very well.

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@HappyDaze: The "HEARTS" don't matter to me as symbols of people agreeing or liking something. I'm with you in that I also think its the most adolescent feature at facebook (the concept of "likes"). But here as the forums are now, without the "My Activity" feature to show every comment one has made, the only way to see or have listed any of one's comments is to have it "HEARTED". Either that or one must be the originator of a new thread to have those posts added to another list. But every other un-HEARTED comment is not listed in a person's Profile, making it nearly impossible for the user to keep track of the comments he or she has made. Q forums is using the HEART...but not only as a symbol of someone agreeing or liking something written.

@Adelina: I see a HEART next to every comment...except my own. And none of the comments I have made other than the couple which have been HEARTED appear in my Profiles area which lists my posted comments.

If there is a glitch, I don't know where it is or from its coming...but its there. lol

Your own posts' hearts are greyed out because you can't heart your own post. Is that what you mean about there not being a heart next to your own comments?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Who cares if someone hearts your post or not?

That is one reason I quit facebook- people getting all bent out of shape if no one "liked" their posts.

In the big scheme of things, who cares? Are you posting for your own enjoyment or to win a popularity contest?

I guess I just don't get it?

Me either.....Is it supposed to be a variation of the old bumper sticker --- the one with the most toys wins, but instead, THE ONE WITH THE MOST HEARTS "WINS".....so lame.  And it appears to be one of the few categories that they bothered to give detailed instructions about....ROFL!!!  So unimportant QVC techs, so UNIMPORTATANT!!! Cat Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

You can "float it to the top", under "Topic Options". It stays on top of all other threads so you can keep track of it.