Honored Contributor

It is called Eye Opening Mascara, anyone try it yet? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown's New Mascara!

It became clumpy quickly, dried out. I was underwhelmed. Prefer Bobbi's Everything Mascara instead.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Smokey Eye. It's my absolute favorite.
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I use Smokey Eye. It's my absolute favorite.

I use Smokey Eye as well and love it....I may try to get a sample of the newest just to give it a try.....

Esteemed Contributor

I'll preface by saying Bobbi's brand has been one of my favorites for color cosmetics since its introduction to retail back in the early 90s.  That said, something is off for me with the brand.  The last few products purchased have left me with a less than satisfied feeling -- including items I've been using for ages.  

Regular Contributor

I agree that something is off with Bobbi's products lately.  As a side note, at the end of this month her counter is closing at our local Macy's.  The sales associate told me that she's pulling out of several of the Macy's stores.  I rarely buy anything from her line any more as she seems to be heavily into shimmer and metallic finishes, which do not agree with my mature skin.

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

I agree that something is off with Bobbi's products lately.  As a side note, at the end of this month her counter is closing at our local Macy's.  The sales associate told me that she's pulling out of several of the Macy's stores.  I rarely buy anything from her line any more as she seems to be heavily into shimmer and metallic finishes, which do not agree with my mature skin.

Wow! That is very interesting, as I have been purchasing from Macy's since she hasn't been on the Q in forever.....I guess I haven't noticed anything

different with her products, but I do notice that a lot of her products have a ton of shimmer, which I do not like.......I think on her own website is the best deal, because she usually offers free shipping and free gifts!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried it and returned it; junk.

Like someone else said, something has been off with the brand quality wise. I remember when her palettes were great but the past few years, the quality has been terrible. The singles are super but the same shade in a palette? Horrible.

Agree also about the amount of shimmer... more and more in all aspects of her line. I remember when she had just lipsticks and then sold to EL; the line grew and in a really great way. She was The Line to go to for a polished, classic look that worked. I mean.. it just worked. The color groupings were fantastic, the shades were true; everything I purchased (and family and friends) we just loved. And then.....

I think EL made an error in trying to appeal to the young set (late teens and twenty somethings). There are PLENTY of lines for that age range; heck, I used them when I wanted a fun, non professional look: MAC stands out and is a EL brand. BB was known as the line to go to when you wanted polished and classic. Not anymore with all the metallic, shimmer, glitter and frosted stuff. I no longer buy the line and none of my friends do either. Perhaps she losing her core group ie. the ones that made her line so big and profitable. Wouldn't be the first one to make that mistake.