Frequent Contributor

I've made every attempt to tighten the lid on my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner after every use, but the product has dried out - the texture is very difficult to work with.

Any solution for this problem?
I'd rather not purchase another if it can be helped.

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

@sunshineflower wrote:

I've made every attempt to tighten the lid on my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner after every use, but the product has dried out - the texture is very difficult to work with.

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

They always dry out.  I've made sure the lid is on tight, and it still dries out.  The ONLY one that doesn't dry out is Clinique gel/cream.  BUT...terrible news...my friend who's the manager at the Clinique counter said they are discontinuing it. It's such a great gel/cream and it never dries out.  

I have found Tarte, MAC and BB all dry out no matter how tight the lid is on.  Clinique is the best.  They still have a few Clinique's out there so if you can find one, buy it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

You can try stirring it up with a toothpick.  I've done that--hassle, but it makes it creamy--it's only a short term fix though.  I just refuse to buy anymore of BB gels.  Tartes are nice, but they, too, dry out.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

I have some BB gel liners that are a few years old that are not dried out at all.   I just bought a few new ones.   I hope they don't dry out!   I would say that if they aren't that old that you should call BB customer service and see what they say. 

Respected Contributor

I too originally loved this product. Dried out too quick for me as well. Switched to L'Oreal gel liner in the pot and have had zero issues at a third the price.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

This is interesting, I use BB gel eyeliner daily I have 2, one I bought years ago and one I bought last year.  The one from years ago is a bit drier but certainly usable.  I gently stir the tip of my brush into the pot and apply.  

The one from last year is still perfect, very moist.

Thought:  I do not draw on my eyeliner I 'walk along' my lash line and press the color onto my sken, then blend with my brush so maybe  the drier texture does not bother me.

Both of my shades are browns, can that make a difference, maybe the colors dry out differently.

I read a tip to soften gel liners (never tried it but.....) place the gel pot into a ziplock bag and put the bag into a hot bowl of water, let sit to soften.  If anyone tries let us know how it works out!

Honored Contributor

I have been using BB gel liner for years and have never had one dry out.  I am wondering where you bought yours and what colors you bought? 

Occasional Contributor

I bught BB gel liner from both the Q and BB website.  Both dried out.  I will not buy again. Too expensive to pay for a product that dries out before being use up.

Respected Contributor

I've probably had 20 gel liners from BB over the years, and only a few have dried out. I have thrown out some bc I had them for quite a while, and wasn't comfortable using them anymore. Are you storing them uoside down, with the label facing up? I do that so I can see the color name, and I really think there might be something to it. HTH! 

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshineflower wrote:

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

They always dry out.  I've made sure the lid is on tight, and it still dries out.  The ONLY one that doesn't dry out is Clinique gel/cream.  BUT...terrible news...my friend who's the manager at the Clinique counter said they are discontinuing it. It's such a great gel/cream and it never dries out.  

I have found Tarte, MAC and BB all dry out no matter how tight the lid is on.  Clinique is the best.  They still have a few Clinique's out there so if you can find one, buy it.

Oh no! Clinique's really are great! Very creamy.