Respected Contributor

Blow Dryer - Decent Price - Quick Blow Drying, can you recommend one?

I got a conair one from Costco and it works great but it's HEAVY compared to my last one. I don't want a compact one but since my hair is long I don't want a heavy clunky one either.

Would love one that would blow try quicker and of course has a great nozzle on it.

Can you recommend one? Would really love to stay under 100.00 if I can.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Blow Dryer - Decent Price - Quick Blow Drying, can you recommend one?

I ordered one from Amazon less than a year ago and am very pleased.  It was around $25 and has a 4 or 5 year warranty.    

Remington AC2015 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer, Deep Purple

Trusted Contributor

I also bought the Conair from Costco and i thought it was louder and heavier than my older one.  The sound was unpleasant to my ears, not a deep "purr" but something else....I just didn't like it.  I ended up purchasing an expensive Drybar blow dryer but it is also pretty heavy.  Works great, sounds really lovely and not too loud, but if I hadn't don't that spontaneously, I'd have picked up the a T3 Featherweight 2 from Costco for $85.  I saw the white one in the store a while back, but now see it in four color choices on the site.  If you order from the site and hate it, you can return it in store too.... Just a thought because I was in the same boat one year ago and I should have gone with the T3 for half the price of the Buttercup.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your feedback Msshopper - Glad I wasn't the only one that found it loud and heavier than my older one!

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  Thank you, I will check this out and I love Amazon and love my Prime membership too!

Honored Contributor

If you have long hair and want fast drying time, choose a dryer with a high wattage.  1800 watts or more should work well for you. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  Thank you. The one I have now is 1850 I believe, could be 1800 (I am not at home to look) but I want to say it is 1850.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the Rusk W8Less (via amazon prime) almost a year ago. The stylists at the Aveda hair salon I go to use and love it, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I use it daily. Love, love it.

Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove  I use that hairspray LOL, I thought you were going to tell me about the hairspray LOL  I will check it out, Thank you

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I ordered one from Amazon less than a year ago and am very pleased.  It was around $25 and has a 4 or 5 year warranty.    

Remington AC2015 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer, Deep Purple

How timely this thread is as my hair dryer (Andis that I've had for several years) has been fritzing out on me lately.  It only works if you hold it a certain way, and last night it almost didn't turn on at all.  So it's time for new. I'm not going to risk a fire hazard.  I only use the thing to dry my bangs so I want something cheap. This Remington looks great.  Smiley Happy