Trusted Contributor

My friend's daughter-in-law has the whitest teeth I've ever seen, and she swears by activated charcoal.  I haven't tried it, but I just looked it up on Amazon and someone posted this picture.  I may order.

Trusted Contributor
I have the trays made by my dentist and used 22% which worked well but my teeth were so sensitive. I may have to go back to that but I can't wear them every night. They drive me crazy to sleep in. I would love to paint something on but not sure how well they work. My daughter swears by Crest White strips but they are expensive.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best teeth whitener

[ Edited ]

@vandyfan I thought that OP tried Go Smile and didn't like it, although she liked the brush. 
I have a sonic toothbrush I got at the Q that came with Go Smile. Didn't work although I like the toothbrush.
@vandyfan wrote:

I promise you, the answer is Go Smile.  I ordered mine from QVC, it's also available at Ulta.  You apply to your toothbrush your own toothpaste and the whitening gel and the "blue light special " works it's magic for 2 minutes.  I have been using it twice a day for a year and a half and complete strangers ask me how I got my teeth so white.  Ladies it is amazing.  I buy my replacement whitening gel at Ulta and extra brushes from the Q.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Occasional Contributor

Totally Crest White Strips does the trick.  30 min. 3 times a week.  So easy!

Honored Contributor

I've used them all, but have decided that Intelliwhite Cool Blue Pro is the best.  After the intial 30 minute treatment, I use it once a week for 10 minutes to maintain the whiteness. 

Occasional Contributor

Crest White Strips. 

Respected Contributor

@vandyfan wrote:

I promise you, the answer is Go Smile.  I ordered mine from QVC, it's also available at Ulta.  You apply to your toothbrush your own toothpaste and the whitening gel and the "blue light special " works it's magic for 2 minutes.  I have been using it twice a day for a year and a half and complete strangers ask me how I got my teeth so white.  Ladies it is amazing.  I buy my replacement whitening gel at Ulta and extra brushes from the Q.

No, that doesn't work. I am thinking of trying the IntelliWhite pens. They are on special today on HSN.

Honored Contributor

I like the Colgate Optic White rinse.  I just need some brightening ... the natural color is good.   I don't want it to look like I have a mouth full of white Chicklets!

Honored Contributor

If you don't smoke, drink tea or coffee, eat berries that stain and your teeth are yellowish, it's the natural color of your teeth and nothing will change them except veneers.

I've done it all and it was a dentist who specializes in dental cosmetic surgery who told me this. She was recommended to me by a local newscaster with gorgeous white teeth. It angers me that NO dentist told me the truth but were thrilled to take my money for trays, pens, bleaching solution, etc.

Teeth yellow with age. It's normal. I hate it but nothing will whiten my teeth and I won't do veneers just for white teeth. It stinks.

Honored Contributor

@CalMom,

Yes, those Intelliwhite pens work very well. I've had good results with them and it doesn't take long for them to work. HSN's price today is awesome!