Honored Contributor

I'm looking for a primer.

The ones that do the best job of blurring usually contain titanium dioxide, which is a "no no" for me?

But I'd love to know the names of any u have found that work well?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I like any of the ones that are mattifyers, they usually blur too. I love Geller Mattifying Spackle but it may be discontinued. Pacifica which is clean beauty has a few blurring primers. 

Honored Contributor

one of the originals......have tried many, but ALWAYS go back to SMASHBOX. i love the original version and the spray. they go on easily, dont break me out, and dont leave an oil slick.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@LTT1  the Bobbi Brown Face Base is excellent as 

a primer, Sephora offers small sizes for around $25 I 

believe.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle @sunshine45 @MalibuFox 

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I have made notes of them and will check them out!

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  I like RMS primer very much. On the weekends I just use that it gives my skin a little lift.

I also like The pore professional from Benefit. This is what I used before I discovered RMS Beauty.

I agree with @sunshine45  who says she likes Smashbox primer.

I used that for a long time. They discontinued the one I loved which claimed to also lighten dark spots and I felt it did! 

Honored Contributor

I've been pretty consistent with Laura Geller Spackle this year, mostly the ethereal or bronze versions.  I'd like to revisit the champagne and am interested in the new diamond version. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Best primer?

[ Edited ]

I have a few that I use but seem to reach for my Smashbox primers more than the others.  I have both the original and the hydrating versions.

Valued Contributor

@LTT1  We don't know your skin "type," if you're dry, oily, or combo, or what you are looking for in a primer. For "combo" skin type, or in my case, on the oily side for the 6 month summer here, I have relied on Peter Thomas Roth's Skin to Die For, a mattifying & pore minimizer. Used to be sold here, but sadly is out of stock even on the PTR website. It can be worn without foundation, which I prefer, and gives my skin a smooth finish.

Since this is not available currently and I'm on my last tube, I went on a quest for something similar and have settled for now on Benefit Porefessional. The standard size tube (not the mini) is $19.99 today (usually $35 everywhere) at HSN with free shipping. Mine just came Friday and I really like it.

Hoping you find one that works for you.

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo 

Thank you for replying!
My skin type is sensitive and very dry.

I'd love to find a primer like the one I'm nearly out of..and the seller has gone out of business.

It was actually a foundation...I believe it was a shea butter base with cocoa as a colorant.

But even so, I'm willing to try anything at this point!