Super Contributor

Best Texturizer for short spikey hair

Do any of you ladies sporting "short do's" have a favorite texturizer to spike up the top of your hair? I have the KMS molding paste, it is ok but, rather gummy heavy and gunky.... I would like something lighter that would give texture without the weight of a cream. I just got my hair cut SHORT( a bit shorter that I planned.... so I have to live with it for a month to really start liking it...) and need something great to piece it out on the top.

Regular Contributor

Re: Best Texturizer for short spikey hair

I am also curious to see some suggestions. I have worn my hair short, pixie style, (think Halle Berry), for at least 12 years. I have not found just a Texturizer that would work. The only product that will hole my style, and I have tried a LOT, is Kendra 25 hairspray. It is very drying and this is what I DON'T like about it. Maybe we will both get some good ideas! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

I use....

for heavier hold..Bumble and Bumble sumotech or Redken shape factor( it has alot of hold but is a cream/paste)

I also use for lighter hold- aveda light elements texture cream, Garnier pixie play

Super Contributor

Bedhead Manipulator.

It is a cream, but it gives the best separation of anything I've ever used. It's not gummy either.

I used to have a short, spiky cut. I now have long curls. The Bedhead worked for the short hair and also works great for defining my curls.

Respected Contributor

I just use DesignLine's TEXTURE CREAM Casual Styler from most walk in salons. Love this stuff. Smile

eta~ I have to correct myself because my hair is more piecy than spikey but the DesignLine is a great line, nothing is sticky in the line, great hairsprays too. I can spike mine with the Texture Crm and then spray it and it holds nice.

Regular Contributor

Great Clips Detour.

Honored Contributor

The best I have used & use is Control Paste by Aveda. Does not weigh the hair down, smells wonderful & rinses out clean. You only need a small amount to get the look.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

On 4/26/2014 KatCat1 said:

The best I have used & use is Control Paste by Aveda. Does not weigh the hair down, smells wonderful & rinses out clean. You only need a small amount to get the look.

KatCat1... does this leave that "piecey" look? Also, I've tried so many texturizing products that have left my hair dry and dull. Does this leave your hair dull or does it have a shine?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.
Respected Contributor

Unite Creamy Paste works for me. However, I don't see Unite sold in many places. My salon carries it. I also like Wen Texturizing Balm.