Respected Contributor

Best Skinn product(s) for brightening and glow

I think I want to try Skinn. My skin is looking dull and I have some dark spots. What are the best Skinn products to address this? Could be cleanser, serum, mousturizer or a combination of. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Best Skinn product(s) for brightening and glow

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
I think I want to try Skinn. My skin is looking dull and I have some dark spots. What are the best Skinn products to address this? Could be cleanser, serum, mousturizer or a combination of. Thanks!

@Rachb I'm really pleased to have found Skinn Cosmetics.  Dimitri suggests using his Vitamin C powder, mixed in some of his Skin Softening Essence as the starting point right after cleansing.  For targeted treatment, you can then use the Bright Side Spot Treatment.  For overall brightening, use the Bright Side Serum.  I use this one every day.  Be aware, though, that it does have some illumination in it, but it isn't too glowy.  If you're looking for a moisturizer, the Enlightened Radiance cream is very nice.  It also has some illumination in it.  There's a model on Dimitri's shows that only wears this cream, no foundation, on a daily basis and her skin looks beautiful.  It doesn't hurt, that she's got a tan and doesn't really need foundation, but still her skin's tone and clarity are very nice.  I will sometimes use the Englightened Radiance on my at-home, no-foundation days instead of my regular AM moisturizer.  I wasn't really planning on purchasing the Enlightened Radiance, but got it in a kit a few months back.  I like it, but don't use it daily because I prefer a lighter AM moisturizer and have something different for at night.

Respected Contributor

@JLF I can ALWAYS count on you for great advice and product recs! Will these products have long-term effect over time, or are do they just have a visual effect while wearing them?
Respected Contributor

Actually, just did a little research. I see the trio with all 3 products. I'll order today!
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
@JLF I can ALWAYS count on you for great advice and product recs! Will these products have long-term effect over time, or are do they just have a visual effect while wearing them?

Long term, as they are skin care, not makeup.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the trio and the AM/PM cleanser duo. I think I'll try that before the Dr. Young. Excited!!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
I ordered the trio and the AM/PM cleanser duo. I think I'll try that before the Dr. Young. Excited!!!!

Great choice!  It's no secret, how much I like Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil, but when Dimitri was on Evine for his anniversary shows, there was a kit that contained his AM and PM cleansers.  Truth be told, I was only interested in trying the AM and one or two other things in the kit.  When the kit arrived the other day, curiosity got the better of me and I tried the PM cleanser Friday night.  I ended up using it Saturday night and Sunday night, too.  It's REALLY nice - feels luxurious going on and smells so good (like a dreamsicle) you almost want to lick it!  It can also be left on the face for an extended period of time as a moisturizing mask.  I'm not giving up on my favorite cleansing oil, but the Skinn PM cleanser is right up there with it.  I'd jump right on it, if I couldn't get Dr. Young's anymore.  I will likely use the Skinn PM on weekends here and there and more as mask in the winter.  The AM cleanser, on the other hand, has a distinctive scent that some people may find unpleasant.  There's tea tree oil in it which gives that scent, but with all the beneficial facial acids in it (salicylic, glycolic, lactic, malic), it's worth dealing with the scent for a coupleof minutes.  Other people like the scent.  It doesn't bother me. 

Respected Contributor

I love the smell of Tea Tree so I'm sure I'll like it.
Trusted Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I love the smell of Tea Tree so I'm sure I'll like it.

I'm sure ypu will enjoy it if you like tea tree.  I use it, but I don't enjoy the smell.  I do like the p.m.  JLF is right - dreamsicle.  My favorite cleanser for a.m. is Michael Marcus exfoliating cleanser.  So far with all the cleansers I've bought and tried - that one I can honestly say I absolutely love!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

@Rachb I'm really pleased to have found Skinn Cosmetics.  Dimitri suggests using his Vitamin C powder, mixed in some of his Skin Softening Essence as the starting point right after cleansing.  For targeted treatment, you can then use the Bright Side Spot Treatment.  For overall brightening, use the Bright Side Serum.  I use this one every day.  Be aware, though, that it does have some illumination in it, but it isn't too glowy.  If you're looking for a moisturizer, the Enlightened Radiance cream is very nice.  It also has some illumination in it.  There's a model on Dimitri's shows that only wears this cream, no foundation, on a daily basis and her skin looks beautiful.  It doesn't hurt, that she's got a tan and doesn't really need foundation, but still her skin's tone and clarity are very nice.  I will sometimes use the Englightened Radiance on my at-home, no-foundation days instead of my regular AM moisturizer.  I wasn't really planning on purchasing the Enlightened Radiance, but got it in a kit a few months back.  I like it, but don't use it daily because I prefer a lighter AM moisturizer and have something different for at night.

Hi @Rachb I was going to give you the same list as Jean did...his bright side line is for dark spots and pigmentation issues but contains no hydroquinone...I LOVE it and have used it for a couple of years now...I added the enlightened radiance cream recently and it is great too...all will give you a soft glow and work to help correct pigment issues in the skin! Highly recommended! HTH's ps Jean does give great advice Smiley Very Happy