Honored Contributor

Re: Best Red Lipstick that stays neat

@vandyfan wrote:

Ladies, I am not kidding when I tell you that the best red, long-lasting lipstick is Rimmel Provocalips.  I wear red exclusively and I have tried them all. Someone told me this and I did not believe it until I tried it.  The shade is "Kiss Me You Fool" and I buy it

at Walmart or Target.  I am a retired music teacher of 30 years and I now sub.  I sing and talk all day and my lips stay perfect!!

a526a79288db3a47cc6c5a64b626ff46.jpg (236×277)

love Rimmel products, & this is a great recc - thanks!

Respected Contributor

@vandyfan wrote:

Ladies, I am not kidding when I tell you that the best red, long-lasting lipstick is Rimmel Provocalips.  I wear red exclusively and I have tried them all.  Someone told me this and I did not believe it until I tried it.  The shade is "Kiss Me You Fool" and I buy it at Walmart or Target.  I am a retired music teacher of 30 years and I now sub.  I sing and talk all day and my lips stay perfect!!

Kiss me you Fool is a beautiful color. Love this look

Image result for rimmel kiss me you fool

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee

That looks gorgeous!  I do love a good red!  It just lights up the whole face.  Unfortunately, I haven't been wearing lately because when you are older it is so hard to maintain the neatness of it on your lips.  And --- there is nothing worse than a smeary red lip!!!!!  I plan on looking this one up, also.  Thank you for this recommendation!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee

That looks gorgeous!  I do love a good red!  It just lights up the whole face.  Unfortunately, I haven't been wearing lately because when you are older it is so hard to maintain the neatness of it on your lips.  And --- there is nothing worse than a smeary red lip!!!!!  I plan on looking this one up, also.  Thank you for this recommendation!!!  

Red does light up the whole face. I wore a lot of pink over the summer and noticed the few times I wore red my face looked brighter and I am now wearing red daily.

Trusted Contributor

I've been a red lipstick woman for probably 50 years -- even through the years when it wasn't as popular as it is now!  The years of "nude" lips did not deter my beloved red lips!  I never felt that I looked garish when all my co-worker ladies had the pale lips - I was just being a fashion rebel !!  LOL

When I saw this thread, I ran to the bathroom to actually see how many tubes of red lipstick I currently have -  there are 17 of them!  I like the blue-based reds the best.

If you want to go with low priced ones, I like Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow" -- can get it in Walmart or drugstores for around $7.50.  I have actually never bought any lipstick that was over $15 per tube, so maybe I should jump in and try a more expensive one!  I've always been thrifty with purchases.

Let us know which ones you try and which one you like best!!

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I use Lipstick Queen Medieval combined with lipliner. It is a very wearable red but probably not as bright as you want from your description.

My Mother has a great one that she has worn for awhile and she got it at Target. Revlon Moondrops but I am sorry to say I do not know the color, but it sounds like what you describe that you want. Kind of orange red, tangy! It lasts a long time for her. It might be worth a check if you happen to be there.

I think I know the color because I have it and it is a perfect red/orange shade...Revlon Moondrops 24K Orange. This is the only red I use because it has a golden/orange/red tint to it...not blue red at all. And it does last! I top it with the Maybelline Color Whisper in "Who Wore it Red".

Contributor

I love Nars Cruella it's at Sephora for $26.00. It's a great color red.

Super Contributor

MAC....matte....chili, red russian,

satin also stays well.  cant recall the names.....just go and try

Valued Contributor

I am also a lover of red lipstick and prefer orange undertones not blue. My husband always tells me that I look pretty when I have on red lipstick. Been married 42 years.
I've always bought low to medium priced lipstick but recently spent a little more on a 100%Pure and ordered a JM Coconut Water Lipstain in Getaway Red. The JM hasn't arrived yet. The 100 Pure Pomegranate Poppy is very pretty but doesn't wear longer or better than the cheaper ones. I'm going to try those that you ladies have recommended.