Contributor

Best Mascara Recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for best mascara?  I was hoping for one that extends and curls.  Either QVC or drugstore brands okay.  Thanks!  It's so hard to find a great one!

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Mascara Recommendations

You are going to get a lot of responses, because mascara is so personal I think and it is hard to find a good one that you love, but here are my top 3 favorites!!!!

1. Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mascara

2. Too Faced Better Than S****E***X Mascara

3. Dior Iconic Overcurl mascara

I love all 3 of these, for me they curl and lengthen and do not make my lashes feel crunchy at the end of the day!  

Respected Contributor

My favorites are:

BLINC Mascara

IT Cosmetics Waterproof Tightline Mascara

These don't ever end up in my under-eye area like everything else I have ever tried.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

My preferences are.....in this order:

1.  Lancome Definicils

2.  Benefit They're Real

3.  Jordana (purchased at Walgreens)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

#1 department store......LANCOME GRANDIOSE

#2 department store.....GIVENCHY PHENOMEN'EYES

#1 drugstore.....COVER GIRL LAST BLAST CLUMP CRUSHER

#2 drugstore......LOREAL VOLUMINOUS BUTTERFLY

#1 shopping channel......IT COSMETICS HELLO LASHES paired with IT COSMETICS TIGHTLINE MASCARA PRIMER

edited to add that none of these are waterproof.....i dont really like waterproof mascaras. i have no problems with any of these running or traveling.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I used to be a devoted Lancome fan, however ever since I got a sample of " Make Up For Ever "

in smoky extravagant, I will use nothing else. This  really makes my eyes pop, and I don't have

much in the lash department. It really stays on till you use eye make- up remover, and I got

it at Sephora.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

IT Cosmetics Waterproof Tightline Mascara on my bottom lashes and Tarte on my top - layers, i wiggled layer then another then another, let dry at least 30 seconds between coats

I've tried SO many and this is my HG, I buy them 3 at a time.

Honored Contributor

My 3 favorites are

Lancome Definicils

Urban Decay Perversion

Lancome Hypnose Drama

The 1st two are pretty close in the way they apply and look-- they darken the lashes and if you use a curler, they do make your eyes look larger.

The 3rd one adds extra volume to the lashes so they look thicker.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Laura Geller Glam Lash is superb!  But there is one draw back to hers -- it dries out quickly.  So on a scale from 1 (poor) to 10 (magnificent), it's a 10 all the way till that dreadful day it seems to dry up overnight, becoming a 2.

Super Contributor

I really like Smashbox Full Exposure mascara. Lenghtens and volumizes with no clumps or flakes. It doesnt dry out quickly either. I'm on my 3rd tube, which says alot because I never stick to a mascara. Love it.