Super Contributor

Re: Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Skincare line

I am not a one line product person. Its not drugstore but its priced at whole foods or online at drugstore prices. Its the only product I like from Aubrey Organics, its called Organic Rosa Mosquerta Rose Hip Seed oil Revitalizing Therapy Serum that is a intensive anti-antioxidant which is gentle. I have normal skin but I use products for dry skin. I had a reaction to a new night cream which dryed me out a bit. I bought Boots no7 Beautiful Skin cleansing Balm which is for dry skin & love what it has done for my skin, its like a cream, comes in a tube & I use it for a refreshing morning cleanse. At night if I have on foundation, for years I have cleansed with Neutrogena's makeup remover cleansing toweletts then follow with that Balm I mentioned & my face feels like a babys Butt!!!

You might want to consider using a Vit.C Serum. But I can't reco. anything from The DS.

A tinted Moisturizer that I have used for a few years that I love is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. Its basically for all skin types, smooths out lines with a nice satin finish that contains sunscreen spf 20, retinol treatment. I was surprise to read on Paula's Choice that was one of her Best Of The Best products.

Just a few suggestions...

Honored Contributor

I use Olay for my face, Aveeno for my hands and body.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Goldie!

If you ever have the chance to try Olay Regenerist Night Cream, go for it. I think you will fall in love.

JLF, the Alpha Hydrox, is that the same one that was in the white bottle with the red cap? I used that in my 20s. I didn't know it was still around.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks Goldie!

If you ever have the chance to try Olay Regenerist Night Cream, go for it. I think you will fall in love.

JLF, the Alpha Hydrox, is that the same one that was in the white bottle with the red cap? I used that in my 20s. I didn't know it was still around.

Yes. No fancy packaging, but very affordable, the right pH, and effective. They also sell online (neotericcosmetics dot com). They do have discounts and promos throughout the year, which is always the best time to buy, and they ship for free on orders of $25 and up.

Honored Contributor

I just remembered the reason for my allegiance to Pond's Cold Cream. When I was 12 and just starting to wear foundation (I've always been a makeup junkie, which was quite a problem for my kindly strict father), I walked into a pharmacy one day. I noticed an older woman with the most gorgeous skin.

For some reason, she decided to share beauty advice with me. She told me to always use Pond's Cold Cream to remove my makeup (but, of course, there weren't too many other products back then anyhow), and to do a certain exercise for my face every night of my life. Other than after the first few nights after giving birth and a few other nights, I have followed her advice slavishly. After all, she looked pretty good and her skin looked firm.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Yes. No fancy packaging, but very affordable, the right pH, and effective. They also sell online (neotericcosmetics dot com). They do have discounts and promos throughout the year, which is always the best time to buy, and they ship for free on orders of $25 and up.

I have been stingy with my last 3 bottles of body Alpha Hydrox body lotion and it's sold online?!

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks Goldie!

Yep, they sell it at my Walgreens, either a 8 or 10%....

Esteemed Contributor

JLF and kabella, thanks! That is definitely the one I used 20 years ago! They discontinued their lip balm, but I am getting that body kit! I ran out of the foot cream a few months ago. I am so excited!

Super Contributor

I haven't tried it personally, but a dermatologist told me a few years ago that the Olay Regenerist line was the one he'd recommend as far as an over-the-counter line. He said (of course) that retinol was one of the best things to topically apply to your skin that really makes a difference, but that's prescription.

Super Contributor

I don't recommend any one single line across the board. Choose a gentle cleanser like Purpose and if you want a moisturizer, go with CeraVe. But also consider adding an Alpha Hydroxy Acid treatment product. The Alpha Hydrox company sells many of their products through drugstore and big box stores. You can start out with a 10% treatment product (gel, lotion, or cream). At some point you may want to move to the 12% Souffle. I'd also consider regular, gentle exfoliation to take care of the dullness. At some point you might consider prescription Retin-A, it's the best anti-ager out there.

I totally agree, only I love the CeraVe moisturizing face wash. Love Alpha Hydrox!