Super Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

On 2/17/2015 GmaJewele said:
On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!

I bought this at the suggestion in this thread. Love it! Adds some volume and my hair is super soft! And it cost $4.99!
Respected Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

On 3/14/2015 kcladyz said:
On 3/14/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/24/2015 wonderfulworld said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

Thank you so much for this recommendation. It was 5.99 at Krogers. Used it twice to blow dry my hair. Lots of volume. Love it!

Good luck trying to find this product again. I've been to several stores looking to see if it was still on the shelves and it's always sold out. I'm going back to purchasing my Redkin products that do the same thing. At least I know I can always find it sitting on the shelf to buy.

Thats odd. I always can find it at target

Me too. I was just in Target today looking for the Batiste dry shampoo and saw these again. I didnt try mine yet. Maybe this weekend coming up. I want to try it on a non-work day.

Btw, OT, but does anyone know where they keep the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Walmart? I walked up and down the aisles and didn't see it.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by any Federic Fekkai volumizing products. They are pricey though. Will try some of the other suggestions here.

Batiste dry shampoo is sold at TJ Maxx and Bed Bath and Beyond if you can't find it in Target.

Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2015 aprilskies said:
On 3/14/2015 kcladyz said:
On 3/14/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/24/2015 wonderfulworld said:

Thank you so much for this recommendation. It was 5.99 at Krogers. Used it twice to blow dry my hair. Lots of volume. Love it!

Good luck trying to find this product again. I've been to several stores looking to see if it was still on the shelves and it's always sold out. I'm going back to purchasing my Redkin products that do the same thing. At least I know I can always find it sitting on the shelf to buy.

Thats odd. I always can find it at target

Me too. I was just in Target today looking for the Batiste dry shampoo and saw these again. I didnt try mine yet. Maybe this weekend coming up. I want to try it on a non-work day.

Btw, OT, but does anyone know where they keep the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Walmart? I walked up and down the aisles and didn't see it.

maybe it has to do with region one lives in but my target carries a motherload of Suave lol

Frequent Contributor

Great recs. Which one to try first ? Shopping girl
Regular Contributor

I need to try the Sauve and the Paul Mitchell ones. I have a list of products that DON""T work. Just bought and returned a can of AG Bigwigg volumizer which was awful. I do like the Aveda volumizing tonic but it is expensive for the amount you get. Have Blow Pro mousse which works OK.

Respected Contributor

Pantene has a new volumizer part of the strong and full line called "Volume Booster Spray"

http://pantene.com/en-us/product/full-and-strong-powerful-body-booster-spray

The shampoo is great and thickens hair but I have not figured out how to use this leave-in yet.

It does not state if this is meant for the roots, or for blow drying or as a general leave-in. The first time I used it it was fantastic then the next time I got friz so I do not know what I did wrong the second time around.

Pantene Pro-V Powerful Body Boost Spray- 5.7 fl oz

Contributor

Thanks so much to all of you who recommended the Suave Volume Luxe Style for added volume to my hair. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! I have not read back through all of the posts yet but do any of you also use the Suave Hair Spray for holding?

Thank you all again. I love it when I find something that works and this also has a great price so another reason to be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have short hair, but on dry, clean hair my new find -- which I love -- is Big, Se#y Hair -- Clay Spray. I no longer wash my hair daily. I only use Clay Spray the day I wash my hair. After I wash hair and dry, I randomly spray Clay Spray on roots. Then I style with flat iron. For the first time ever -- I don't have to style or curl hair again until the day I wash my hair. Magical.

It's the best, non-sticky, volumizer I've ever tried. Worth $17 and the can lasts for months. If we have a tornado, I'm taking this can to the basement with me. I like it that much!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Another tip that works for me, and I have no idea why it works: In the shower,I wet hair, apply conditioner, rinse & apply shampoo, rinse & apply conditioner again. Rinse.

My hair responds well to this madness. Much healthier through the dry winter.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau