Honored Contributor

@brandiwine

Upon further investigation, which went on over the weekend and today, we have discovered that the scent emitted from the wipes stems from a natural preservative used in the wipes. The product has not turned sour, or degraded. I do, however, recognize your dissatisfaction with the product. We always strive to provide the very best service and product, and I know that we failed in this instance.
Honored Contributor

No I do NOT work for or have any professional or personal affiliation with Beekman!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 are you quoting from the Beekmans on our posts or? I am confused about your posts, lol.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update butterfly. Good to know they followed up and determined the issue. That smell was strong  and unpleasant.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Frequent Contributor

I have to agree @HappyDaze.  I hope they keep offering the Pure wipes.  I think the "fragrance" of the item is not the best I've smelled, but I didn't find them offensive, just different than others, (and the scent didn't linger). Sorry to hear others experienced problems with theirs.  I'm looking forward to their next visit. I'd love more of the hand washes and lotions. The only issue I've experienced with those is that the packaging of the handpumps leaves much to be desired. I think they could prepare them better for shipping. Every one of the 3 packages I received of handwash and lotion were leaking in the box after bouncing around. Hopefully, other customers beside myself let a Customer Service rep know about poor packaging & leakage. I'm hoping that info was passed onto the BBoys (and they will take steps to avoid these problems in the future).

Honored Contributor

@GemsNBeauty aw what  a bummer! I've had a few packages of their hand washes and haven't had any issues with leakage, fortunately. I would be so sad if I did because I love those things, lol! Hopefully they make sure from now on that they are packaged better so no one gets leaking ones. I did get a package of goodies directly from their website (food items) and it was horribly packaged! I was also missing an item. I know they were slammed at Christmas but they need to make sure packages are packaged nicely, especially gift type things like that. I don't want to gift a banged up package to someone!

New Contributor

@butterfly123

Thank you for the information and contacting the company. I didn't call the company and should have. Good to know.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@brandiwine

Upon further investigation, which went on over the weekend and today, we have discovered that the scent emitted from the wipes stems from a natural preservative used in the wipes. The product has not turned sour, or degraded. I do, however, recognize your dissatisfaction with the product. We always strive to provide the very best service and product, and I know that we failed in this instance.

Your statement (I assume it's from the company) is great because I found when I contacted them they were extremely concerned.  I have a couple of concerns that haven't been addressed because it's been too soon to really do any testing by the company.  Why were they sooooo dry?  If a preservative smells that bad in some packages, but not others, how come?  I would like them to continue the pure after they make sure they are safe. 

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Sorry I do not believe this.  The offensive smell was that of sour milk.  Just from reading these boards it seems not all batches had this scent.  There most certainly was a batch that was spoiled.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

March 26-28

One year anniversary celebration

Thx for the info. I will probably pass next week unless they have some good deals. They are sure to have some during their anniversary show. I missed their 1st show. I guess I got in on their 2nd show & have been buying since.