Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Doorbuster Tonight (11/13/15)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for sharing the info. I kept looking to see what it was going to be. I thought it was going to be the 9 pc honeyed grapefruit set they have. I see they now have the unscented goats milk soap bars. It does not have any shea butter, cocoa butter, fruit extract, jojoba oil or kukui oil like the other bars do. They also show a Heirloom Violet scent soap bar but it's not listed as a choice of the 4 bar set to purchase??? Hope they are available to order tonight or tomorrow.

I love their soaps. I have 5 Vanilla Absolute, 4 Honeyed Grapefruit, 4 Honey & Oats & 2 Honey & Orange Blossom left. A bar only lasts me about a month. I also like their hand soap. I just finished using the Honey & Orange. I also like their hand creams but some are too runny. I won't be buying these except the ones that are in their TTV kits. Love the honey & orange hand salve. I have been using it on my heels. I bought Josie's TSV so I could use her body butter after showering with the Beekman soaps. Since I have been using these 2 products my skin is a lot softer. Hopefully using these will keep my skin from getting dry this winter since we had to turn on our heater this morning for the first time this season.

Forgot to say I hope they have free shipping or at least reduced shipping. I will buy more with free shipping. LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

Might have to try the Honey and Orange soap.  Hopefully it will be offered alone and not in a set...

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

thanks for the heads up. I'll be saving some money. I don't like the scent of vanilla in anything, even a light scent gives me a migraine for some reason. I do like the orange scent though.

You may want to give it a try to see what you think. I don't like a lot of vanillas out there. Some of it really stinks. This smells wonderful. It smells like something I have had before but I cannot think of what it was.

I might but since there is no free shipping, I won't chance it. Someone mentioned violets and that intrigued me. As for vanilla, it brings up memories of that Pink Sugar they used to sell, remember? I got a sample of that and nearly fainted when I smelled it, that was advertised as a nice warm vanilla and I swear I had a headache for 2 days just for one sniff. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Regular Contributor

I'm holding off on the doorbuster to see if shipping goes down when it airs - which I think it will.  

Honored Contributor

@HangingTen wrote:

I'm holding off on the doorbuster to see if shipping goes down when it airs - which I think it will.  

@HangingTen  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  That's what happened with Skinn last night so it's possible.  

Respected Contributor

Their Orange Blossom body lotion is gorgeous, but I wrote to them to as for a PUMP dispenser which would make using it a lot easier.   On a side note,  I also told them that I was a little surprised that a lotion they advertise as a Goat's Milk lotion has GM as the very LAST ingredient.  Their other products have it higher up on the list.

Respected Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Might have to try the Honey and Orange soap.  Hopefully it will be offered alone and not in a set...

@MrsCat21   They have the Doorbuster 309-915,  4 bars in the Honey and Orange Blossom option.   Smiley Happy

@HangingTen  The s&h is already down to 3.49, I dont think they will lower it any further.    

Regular Contributor

@SeaGal - I show both Beekman doorbuster shave shipping at $6.99.  There are 2 but the one I'm especially interested in is 310-994.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaGal wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@MrsCat21   They have the Doorbuster 309-915,  4 bars in the Honey and Orange Blossom option.   Smiley Happy

@HangingTen  The s&h is already down to 3.49, I dont think they will lower it any further.    

Thanks SeaGal!  I didnt see that!  Just purchased, cant wait to get it!

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

thanks for the heads up. I'll be saving some money. I don't like the scent of vanilla in anything, even a light scent gives me a migraine for some reason. I do like the orange scent though.

You may want to give it a try to see what you think. I don't like a lot of vanillas out there. Some of it really stinks. This smells wonderful. It smells like something I have had before but I cannot think of what it was.

I might but since there is no free shipping, I won't chance it. Someone mentioned violets and that intrigued me. As for vanilla, it brings up memories of that Pink Sugar they used to sell, remember? I got a sample of that and nearly fainted when I smelled it, that was advertised as a nice warm vanilla and I swear I had a headache for 2 days just for one sniff. 

Oh gosh no!!!! It smells nothing like PInk Sugar perfume, which is nauseating! I am not usually a vanilla fan of body products but if it is not strongly vanilla and done well then I am okay with it. I have the hand cream in this scent and it isn't too overpowering, imo. Certainl not like that perfume, lol. To me it is more like rum and vanilla. It is kind of a warm, almost masculine scent. My husband really likes it.