Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Doorbuster Tonight (11/13/15)

Good morning, I received my vanilla absolute soap.  I was afraid it might be to vanilla, but you really do not smell vanilla.  It is a pleasant scent but I do not smell vanilla.  I would describe it as a light powdery fragrance.Smiley Happy ( not sure this is a word lol) Very creamy.  I did cut mine in half.  Very big bars.  I do like the soap.  I did order the hand salve from the Beekman site.  I like that too.  After I ordered it, it disappeared from the site.  Anyway happy with my products.

Honored Contributor

I see Evine has new gift sets by Beekman online now. I asked them on Facebook for a 4 pack variety set of their soap & they also have that on Evine but it's $44 instead of $39.

One bar of Vanilla Absolute soap - 9 oz
One bar of Honey and Oats Scrub soap - 9 oz
One bar of Honeyed Grapefruit soap - 9 oz
One bar of Honey and Orange Blossom soap - 9 oz

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Good morning, I received my vanilla absolute soap.  I was afraid it might be to vanilla, but you really do not smell vanilla.  It is a pleasant scent but I do not smell vanilla.  I would describe it as a light powdery fragrance.Smiley Happy ( not sure this is a word lol) Very creamy.  I did cut mine in half.  Very big bars.  I do like the soap.  I did order the hand salve from the Beekman site.  I like that too.  After I ordered it, it disappeared from the site.  Anyway happy with my products.

I also like their Vanilla Absolute. There are so many vanilla scents I don't like I was not sure about it until I received it. It also has sandalwood in it. I have had something that smelled just like this but I cannot remember what it was.

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz  I am so glad you found the coupon code on Facebook. I'm not on facebook and i don't usually remember to check there unless someone points it out.  Now everyone can use that code and we all can shop away! Smiley LOL

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@willdob3

Thank you so much for the sneak peek on the scent.  Like you I think of citrus as an invigorating fragrance.  I am particularly in love with grapefruit.  Even if it is mellowed, does the grapefruit still come through?

The grapefruit is there, but very subtle. To be honest, if I did not know it was grapefruit, I might not recognize it in the body wash & the hand cream. I have not opened the soap or wipes yet.

The lip balm has a more intense scent & it is easily recognizable. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

Have you tried this set? Your thoughts on scent and moisturizing properties?

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl hi islandgrrl! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am gearing up for cooking in a bit just taking a break and watching the parade. Anyway, no I haven't tried this set, sorry! I think they I've had a vanilla absolute bar and my husband loved it. It didn't have a really strong vanilla scent which was good for us. Let me know what you think about it if you try it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

Thanksgiving greetings back at you, my friend. Thank you for your many helpful insights and good cheer.  

I ordered the Beekman set above and will let you know what I think when it arrives.  Be well!