Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Boys travel sized assorted soaps!

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I was just checking out next weeks program guide on Evine's site & saw the 2 shows with a TTV. I never can remember what time they show the TTV. Guess it is 9 PM central. I don't need anything so unless they have something new I'm interested in. Wonder what the TTV's will be?

@Nightowlz hey I was wondering how you liked the Honeysuckle and Iris bounty box?

I like the Iris.

The honeysuckle is ok but has more of a chemical smell. You can usually smell their soap in the bathroom but I don't notice any scent from it when I walk by or in the bathroom.

I'm thinking about cancelling my AD. I like their bar soap but since they changed the body butter ingredients to the same ingredients as their hand lotion I don't care for it. It's not moisturizing like the body butter was.

I will be gifting the honeysuckle pump lotion, body wash, bar of soap & salux cloth at Christmas since I won't be using them. I'm going to take the plastic insert out of the box & put in some of that shredded crinkle kraft paper to lay the products on.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze Thx for sharing the info about the smaller bars. Wonder how much they are compared to the larger bars?

I have been looking for hand wash similar to Beekman's that does not dry out my hands. So far I have found South of France Shea Butter with Aloe handwash if you are interested in trying it. Don't know if you saw my post about it or not. They come in a lot of scents but have not tried any of those yet.

If you lived near me I could give you most of the wipes I have. Since they dried out my face even after rinsing my face with water & using moisturizer I stopped using them on my face. They will probably dry out before I can use all of them.

Are you up & around now feeling better?

I'm just now getting back in my routine after my Fl trip. I cannot believe 1 hr time difference & the long drive had me so exhausted.

@Nightowlz you are welcome! Smiley Happy Right now it shows this set of 8 is $41 so I bet it will be less come show time. That is about $5 per bar which is actually still less than what we used to pay for other brands of bar soap. Plus it says it comes with tins?

I will definitely check out the hand wash soap you mentioned. I will google it but where did you get yours? Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned them in? I'd love to read it. I do love the brown bottled Beekman hand soaps as they don't dry my hands out but would always love to have other alternatives as well.

Sorry the wipes don't work for you! I really love the apricot and honey tea, pure and honey and orange blossom wipes. Some have retinol in them and of course they have AHAs (malic or citric acids)  in them which both can dry some people's skin out, especially if they normally don't use those types of ingredients and so there skin isn't used to them. I am actually surprised that they don't dry my skin out since my skin is very sensitive to AHAs normally.

You still didn't say- do you like the honeysuckl & iris scent? Smiley Happy I'm just not blown away by it. it is nice but glad I am skipping the second AD for this one.

And yes, I am feeling much better thank you! Unfortunately can't get into a gyn around here until mid August so can't have my final checkup intil then which means I still won't be able to get back to my regular workouts and normal life in general until then. That bums me out. Oh well. Glad you are back from your trip safe and sound and hope you had a great time! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze Thx for sharing the info about the smaller bars. Wonder how much they are compared to the larger bars?

I have been looking for hand wash similar to Beekman's that does not dry out my hands. So far I have found South of France Shea Butter with Aloe handwash if you are interested in trying it. Don't know if you saw my post about it or not. They come in a lot of scents but have not tried any of those yet.

If you lived near me I could give you most of the wipes I have. Since they dried out my face even after rinsing my face with water & using moisturizer I stopped using them on my face. They will probably dry out before I can use all of them.

Are you up & around now feeling better?

I'm just now getting back in my routine after my Fl trip. I cannot believe 1 hr time difference & the long drive had me so exhausted.

@Nightowlz you are welcome! Smiley Happy Right now it shows this set of 8 is $41 so I bet it will be less come show time. That is about $5 per bar which is actually still less than what we used to pay for other brands of bar soap. Plus it says it comes with tins?

I will definitely check out the hand wash soap you mentioned. I will google it but where did you get yours? Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned them in? I'd love to read it. I do love the brown bottled Beekman hand soaps as they don't dry my hands out but would always love to have other alternatives as well.

Sorry the wipes don't work for you! I really love the apricot and honey tea, pure and honey and orange blossom wipes. Some have retinol in them and of course they have AHAs (malic or citric acids)  in them which both can dry some people's skin out, especially if they normally don't use those types of ingredients and so there skin isn't used to them. I am actually surprised that they don't dry my skin out since my skin is very sensitive to AHAs normally.

You still didn't say- do you like the honeysuckl & iris scent? Smiley Happy I'm just not blown away by it. it is nice but glad I am skipping the second AD for this one.

And yes, I am feeling much better thank you! Unfortunately can't get into a gyn around here until mid August so can't have my final checkup intil then which means I still won't be able to get back to my regular workouts and normal life in general until then. That bums me out. Oh well. Glad you are back from your trip safe and sound and hope you had a great time! Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze

I knew the wipes had AHA's in them but thought it would be ok since i rinsed my face with water after & applied moisturizer. The older I get the more sensitivities & allergies I'm having.

I answered about the Iris & Honeysuckle on post #21.

You will feel a lot better once you can get into the gym. I know I did not like it when the doctor told me to stop using the Bowflex when I was having muscle spasms on my left side. I know I feel better after I get up & exercise.

Link to thread about handwash http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Non-Drying-Hand-Wash/m-p/2903409/highlight/true#M501943

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I was just checking out next weeks program guide on Evine's site & saw the 2 shows with a TTV. I never can remember what time they show the TTV. Guess it is 9 PM central. I don't need anything so unless they have something new I'm interested in. Wonder what the TTV's will be?

@Nightowlz hey I was wondering how you liked the Honeysuckle and Iris bounty box?

I like the Iris.

The honeysuckle is ok but has more of a chemical smell. You can usually smell their soap in the bathroom but I don't notice any scent from it when I walk by or in the bathroom.

I'm thinking about cancelling my AD. I like their bar soap but since they changed the body butter ingredients to the same ingredients as their hand lotion I don't care for it. It's not moisturizing like the body butter was.

I will be gifting the honeysuckle pump lotion, body wash, bar of soap & salux cloth at Christmas since I won't be using them. I'm going to take the plastic insert out of the box & put in some of that shredded crinkle kraft paper to lay the products on.

@Nightowlz oops sorry I didn't see this post! Yeah, I agree about the chemical smell and mentioned in in my intial review of the scent. It is odd, isn't it? The bar soap doesn't seem to have that chemical scent as much as the other products. I've been using the body wash as a hand soap instead and it works fine for that but still kind of bothered by that chemical scent mixed in with the honeysuckle.

When you say body butter, you mean the body lotion right? The body butter is in a jar and just recently came out so has only had one iteration of ingredients so far and only comes in one scent. I am not a fan of the body lotion but do want to try the body butters when they come out with other scents as the honeyed grapefruit is not my most favorite scent.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like the Iris.

@Nightowlz oops sorry I didn't see this post! Yeah, I agree about the chemical smell and mentioned in in my intial review of the scent. It is odd, isn't it? The bar soap doesn't seem to have that chemical scent as much as the other products. I've been using the body wash as a hand soap instead and it works fine for that but still kind of bothered by that chemical scent mixed in with the honeysuckle.

When you say body butter, you mean the body lotion right? The body butter is in a jar and just recently came out so has only had one iteration of ingredients so far and only comes in one scent. I am not a fan of the body lotion but do want to try the body butters when they come out with other scents as the honeyed grapefruit is not my most favorite scent.

@HappyDaze Yes I mean the body lotion & hand lotion are the same now. Maybe that's why they changed them so they could come out with the body butter. I don't remember what those ingredients are. 

If you try the South of France handwash let me know what you think about it. I bought it from iHerb so you can probably find it some place else for less money. I buy from iHerb if I'm in a hurry because they have fast shipping.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I see them listed on the 20th for a TTV at 10 PM EST and several shows on the 21st.  I didn't see a show listed on the 17th.

The 17th show is on the schedule that Evine just sent in an email which is the most up to date schedule. 6am ET

@HappyDaze I figured out that when I receive the program guide on my aol account, I don't get the list of shows and products, only the link to the Evine program guide.  On my gmail account, I get the list like everyone else does.  Not sure why.  Anyway, the program guide on my gmail account shows the Beekman show on Friday the 15th at 6am.  Does your program guide have it on the 17th?  TIA for verifying.  I don't want to miss it!  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I see them listed on the 20th for a TTV at 10 PM EST and several shows on the 21st.  I didn't see a show listed on the 17th.

The 17th show is on the schedule that Evine just sent in an email which is the most up to date schedule. 6am ET

@HappyDaze I figured out that when I receive the program guide on my aol account, I don't get the list of shows and products, only the link to the Evine program guide.  On my gmail account, I get the list like everyone else does.  Not sure why.  Anyway, the program guide on my gmail account shows the Beekman show on Friday the 15th at 6am.  Does your program guide have it on the 17th?  TIA for verifying.  I don't want to miss it!  

@Linmo You are correct it is the 15th not the 17th. Hth!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo You are correct it is the 15th not the 17th. Hth!

Thanks @HappyDaze.  That's 3 am my time (PST), so hopefully it will be available a few hours before the show!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @HappyDaze.  That's 3 am my time (PST), so hopefully it will be available a few hours before the show!

same here @Linmo as much as I enjoy them, I am certainly not going to get up early (or stay up late lol) just for some soap! 😸

sometimes i get an early order email from Evine and/Beekmans a day or two before as well.

Trusted Contributor

So I've seen several threads about these soap and have never tried them. Why do you like them?