Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Boys travel sized assorted soaps & more new goodies!

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nycgrl thanks for the recommendation! I do plan on trying that body butter when it comes out in other scents. I do like the honeyed grapefruit scent but would prefer a body butter in a different scent. I am hoping the ylang ylang and  apricot honey scents are brought in the body butter. And the unscented. Thanks again!

@Linmo we should compare notes on the Fresh air collection! Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze ITA they need to come out with the body butter in other scents. The unscented would be great. I have been using Josie's unscented body butter.

I bought the new Fresh Air kit after I heard them say it's fresh lemon verbena scent. I love lemon scents so hoping I will really like it.

I passed on the travel size soap collection. I needed some more Honey & Oats so bought a 4 pack bar of those. Figured I might as well buy while I could get free shipping. I still have about 30 bars of soap. LOL!!! 

I have set some of the large soap bars, lip balms, lotions & shower gels aside for Christmas gifts. 

They also have their cuticle cream 2 for $17 regular $12 each. I love it & have been using it. I have 2 now so I passed on it.

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

I was watching the show, my first one BTW, and those boys are tanned and cute!  I tried to order the bath salts, but dang, my new customer code was good for one use only! I was hoping for one day. I know, I know, to much to hope for

@Jeannie29 They must of have on some type of tanner that washed off. They don't look as tan today.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got my price adjustment on the 8 travel bars of beekman soap ttv and received the soap ttv just now.  The bars smell heavenly.  Very cute looking bars of soap.  Love them.  Even the tin is cute, lol.  Happy I ordered these.  Think I'll go back and get another set.  Love this soap.  Received the set of three hand creams also.  That was fast shippng for a change.  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Ugh I wish I had watched the shows with the fresh air collection as I do not like lemon scented stuff and usually don't like verbena either. I tried to cancel as soon as I read your post this morning but it won't let me cancel! Darn. I'm glad you like the scent though and hope u

you love the kit. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz Ugh I wish I had watched the shows with the fresh air collection as I do not like lemon scented stuff and usually don't like verbena either. I tried to cancel as soon as I read your post this morning but it won't let me cancel! Darn. I'm glad you like the scent though and hope u

you love the kit. 

@HappyDazeI just watched the Evine video on this and am really curious to smell it. I'm glad I purchased it before it sold out.   If I don't like the scent, then I will gift it.  Since they created this for hotels, then it must be a fragrance that most people would like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

you love the kit. 

@HappyDazeI just watched the Evine video on this and am really curious to smell it. I'm glad I purchased it before it sold out.   If I don't like the scent, then I will gift it.  Since they created this for hotels, then it must be a fragrance that most people would like.

@HappyDaze They said it was lightly scented so I figured it would not be as strong as the lemon verbena I have used before. Some lemon scents are really off & smell like a cleaning product. Hope that's not the case with this lemon.

When I saw  Verbena Officinalis Leaf Extract in the bar soap ingredients I wondered if it was a lemon scent. This is not in the other products in the set. They just list fragrance.

I've always really liked Lemon Verbena. I used to buy Le Couvent des Minimes Invigorating Body Splash, Verbena & Lemon from B&BW when they carried it.

Their website shows subtle fresh citrus/green fragrance. Can't wait to smell it. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey all! I have never tried Beekman though it sure has been a buzz around here so I tuned in last night - and how cute are these guys?? And their goat on stage with them? Hehe I love it. I love their personalities, their attitudes, work ethic - I had to order the bar set. I used to order philosphy shower gels but I've really moved away from that hand have been looking for alternatives. I hadn't really thought of using bar soaps as I am so used to gels now but I am intrigued! My daughter and I both have very dry skin so maybe this is the answer we need. Anything with multiple scents is an easy sell for me. I'd like to think I will give some away as gifts but... we'll see! Had the shipping and handling been lower I probably would have picked up two but that's just too high :/

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze They said it was lightly scented so I figured it would not be as strong as the lemon verbena I have used before. Some lemon scents are really off & smell like a cleaning product. Hope that's not the case with this lemon.

When I saw  Verbena Officinalis Leaf Extract in the bar soap ingredients I wondered if it was a lemon scent. This is not in the other products in the set. They just list fragrance.

I've always really liked Lemon Verbena. I used to buy Le Couvent des Minimes Invigorating Body Splash, Verbena & Lemon from B&BW when they carried it.

Their website shows subtle fresh citrus/green fragrance. Can't wait to smell it. 

Okay well this gives me hope that it might turn out okay. I am sure we will be fine with the bar soap and body wash (which I will use as a hand soap) but the other things may just be gifted out. I hope it just smells more green and fresh, like an outdoor breeze or something, lol.

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Hey all! I have never tried Beekman though it sure has been a buzz around here so I tuned in last night - and how cute are these guys?? And their goat on stage with them? Hehe I love it. I love their personalities, their attitudes, work ethic - I had to order the bar set. I used to order philosphy shower gels but I've really moved away from that hand have been looking for alternatives. I hadn't really thought of using bar soaps as I am so used to gels now but I am intrigued! My daughter and I both have very dry skin so maybe this is the answer we need. Anything with multiple scents is an easy sell for me. I'd like to think I will give some away as gifts but... we'll see! Had the shipping and handling been lower I probably would have picked up two but that's just too high :/

@ctinaw I hope you like the products and yes,the guys are little cuties and are very funny. I love their attitudes and that they use and support local artisans for their company. They have the right idea as a business! I haven't been a bar soap person for bath or shower in many many years because I have drier skin but my hubby that is all he uses and these are the only bars he will use now (unless they sell out to another company that isn't cruelty free) for ~a year and half now. I have used them quite a few times myself now and do really like them.I've never used a bar soap quite like it, where the suds feel thick and silky instead of just foamy, if that make sense? And the ones I've tried do not dry out my skin! Anyway, hopefully you will like them too.

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl how long does the body cream last? It looks like such a tiny jar!