Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman 1802 Heirloom Violet Bar Soap

@sktchy wrote:

I love hard-milled soaps - but $39 ... ugh - I buy mine at Home Goods and TJ Maxx.  My girlfriends are also soap nuts too - maybe I should get these as a 'treat'.  

Can anyone tell me what the 'difference' is with these soaps compared to what is sold in the stores ?  

@sktchy  I know it sounds expensive, but the bars are huge, triple milled, and last a long time.  I actually cut the bars in half to make them easier to handle.  In addition to the goat milk from their farm, I believe the other ingredients in their soap to be better, like shea butter and Kukui Nut oil.  They make a super creamy lather, smell terrific, and never dry out my skin.  I also think there's something to be said for supporting an American small business when I can.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

I love hard-milled soaps - but $39 ... ugh - I buy mine at Home Goods and TJ Maxx.  My girlfriends are also soap nuts too - maybe I should get these as a 'treat'.  

Can anyone tell me what the 'difference' is with these soaps compared to what is sold in the stores ?  

They leave the glycerin in their goats milk soaps. They don't leave your skin dry. I love them. They are also huge 9 oz bars. They are triple milled. Buy some & enjoy.

I have to try them now - and I will 'share'.  I saw the 'Boys' in a article from Architectural Digest.  There where pictures of their farm house and how the brand was founded.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

@sktchy  I know it sounds expensive, but the bars are huge, triple milled, and last a long time.  I actually cut the bars in half to make them easier to handle.  In addition to the goat milk from their farm, I believe the other ingredients in their soap to be better, like shea butter and Kukui Nut oil.  They make a super creamy lather, smell terrific, and never dry out my skin.  I also think there's something to be said for supporting an American small business when I can.  

Is there a fragrance ?  Just wondering - the only soap I cannot handle is the African black soap.  

Now I am getting excited !!!

Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

Is there a fragrance ?  Just wondering - the only soap I cannot handle is the African black soap.  

Now I am getting excited !!!

Yes, @sktchy  there are assorted fragrances and they all smell great.  You can check them out on the Beekman1802 website or Evine dot com  

I can't use African Black Soap either.  I tried it a couple of years or so ago, it dried me up something awful and made me itch like crazy.  Anyone in our house who tried it had the same reaction.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was interested in the new three piece set plus the caddy but not for $7.00 in shipping. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love these soaps too. I bought them when they were a TS. I tried to buy another set the other day when the shipping was $3.49.

All of the scents were sold out. I then asked to be notified when more stock was available. Less than 24 hours later, all of the scents were back in stock with the higher $6.99 shipping. I found this strange. 

Update: I called Evine CS, they told me if I wanted to order the soaps, they would reduce my shipping to $3.49.  So I placed an order.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I love these soaps too. I bought them when they were a TS. I tried to buy another set the other day when the shipping was $3.49.

All of the scents were sold out. I then asked to be notified when more stock was available. Less than 24 hours later, all of the scents were back in stock with the higher $6.99 shipping. I found this strange. 

Update: I called Evine CS, they told me if I wanted to order the soaps, they would reduce my shipping to $3.49.  So I placed an order.

WOW, @deeva, that's great!  I wish I would have thought of that, but I didn't.  I know what you mean about the stock situation.  The night the BB's were there, everything sold out except the unscented.  Then, when I looked yesterday, everything was back but the unscented was sold out.  I had asked to be notified when the Heirlook Violet was back in stock.  Would you believe, I just got the email a little while ago?  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this, OP. It caught my eye -- nice for personal use and a couple for Christmas gift-giving. Even though I've never heard of this product, I went to the site and ordered a set of Vanilla and a set of Orange Honey. The charges were $39.26 for the first set plus $6.99 shippping, and for the second set $36.26 and free shipping. The reviews are excellent, so I'm excited to receive.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

IS AVAILABLE as an option on the 4-bar set, on EVINE
309-915  

Holiday Price  $39.26
Shipping  $6.99
I just ordered mine!!! Not thrilled with the shipping, but I considered it a trade-off ~ getting it now rather than it being sold out on Thanksgiving.  
Woman Very Happy

Evine has free shipping with their credit card so I ordered a set. Can't wait to smell it.

Honored Contributor

My Beekman 1802 Heirloom Violet soap bars arrived today.  The wrapping is a little messy on some of them but the soap smells nice.