Honored Contributor

Re: Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid?

On 2/5/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Thanks so much, guys. Glad to see positive comments. I'm pretty sure that I want Pearl because I don't want any color per se but just a bit of a glow.

ooh if you try it, PLEASE let me know what you think!

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/5/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Thanks so much, guys. Glad to see positive comments. I'm pretty sure that I want Pearl because I don't want any color per se but just a bit of a glow.

ooh if you try it, PLEASE let me know what you think!

Will do, HD. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Is this the same company as Rebecca Cosmetics of a few years back? They had a great primer.

Valued Contributor

i have the opal and the bronze and use both regularly. they add a beautiful light to your face without glitter.

i use both on my cheekbones and brow bones. i've also used them as a light burst of color on minimal makeup days on my eyes.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Okay, so I changed my mind. Instead of buying a full-size of the Pearl, I did go ahead and buy the little trio of three shades -- Pearl, Opal, and Champagne Gold (Limited Edition).

Just seemed to make more sense at $25. Who knows? I may like the Opal better than the Pearl or not like any of them. I like that they come in a lipgloss-like tube with a doe foot. I can still add some to my foundation. The full-size has a pump dispenser that many reviewers say dispenses too much.

I bought it on their site. It's under the "Farewell" section. Otherwise, it's sold out everywhere else. Interestingly, I received a $5.70 discount.

Crisso, I don't know whether Becca Cosmetics used to have any other name.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

On 2/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Okay, so I changed my mind. Instead of buying a full-size of the Pearl, I did go ahead and buy the little trio of three shades -- Pearl, Opal, and Champagne Gold (Limited Edition).

Just seemed to make more sense at $25. Who knows? I may like the Opal better than the Pearl or not like any of them. I like that they come in a lipgloss-like tube with a doe foot. I can still add some to my foundation. The full-size has a pump dispenser that many reviewers say dispenses too much.

I bought it on their site. It's under the "Farewell" section. Otherwise, it's sold out everywhere else. Interestingly, I received a $5.70 discount.

Hope you love them. I have the trio also and only use the Pearl. I prefer the Opal powder to the liquid version for some odd reason.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Serena-1130 said:
On 2/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Hope you love them. I have the trio also and only use the Pearl. I prefer the Opal powder to the liquid version for some odd reason.

Thanks, Serena. I'm thinking that even though these are very small, it's the type of product for which less is much better than more. At least this way, I can play with the different shades before committing to a huge bottle.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Crisso said:

Is this the same company as Rebecca Cosmetics of a few years back? They had a great primer.

Becca's has never had another name. The creator's name is Rebecca Morrice Williams, so maybe that's why you are thinking that it had another name. The brand leapt on the scene, several years ago around the same time as the Sue DeVitt brand (also from Australia) made inroads into North American markets. It disappeared for a while and has been revamped with these latest products and formulas.

The Shimmering Skin Perfectors are quite lovely. It's available in liquid or powdered form and different colors. The finish is not frosty looking. Somehow, it just makes you look like you have better skin than everyone else. It's ok alone, but spectacular worn under (or mixed with) foundation. For my caramel brown skintone Topaz is a winner.

Super Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Trix said:
On 2/5/2015 Crisso said:

Becca's has never had another name. The creator's name is Rebecca Morrice Williams, so maybe that's why you are thinking that it had another name. The brand leapt on the scene, several years ago around the same time as the Sue DeVitt brand (also from Australia) made inroads into North American markets. It disappeared for a while and has been revamped with these latest products and formulas.

The Shimmering Skin Perfectors are quite lovely. It's available in liquid or powdered form and different colors. The finish is not frosty looking. Somehow, it just makes you look like you have better skin than everyone else. It's ok alone, but spectacular worn under (or mixed with) foundation. For my caramel brown skintone Topaz is a winner.

Thanks for this, Trix. Maybe it was Becca and not Rebecca all along and I got it wrong, because the line where I bought the primer was from Australia as well. Oh, those grey cells!

Frequent Contributor

I've heard great things about them emilynoel83 does a great review on them & it made her Emily awards for 2014