Regular Contributor

Re: Beauty lines starting with few products and keep adding more to the system.

@millieshops wrote:

@ProductGuy wrote:

I know firsthand that the pressure comes from the networks to bring new products, not the vendors.

So why does exactly the same thing happen in the drugstore lines?   I'm not a [roduct junky, so thpse many choices sometimes make me walk away with not instead of sorting through everything.

As for drugstore lines, it's still marketing. People are attracted to things like new packaging, words like "new and improved." Look how often Bath and Body Works changes their packaging while what's inside remains the same.

I was specifically referring to my knowledge of vendors on a shopping channel who liked to sell one core product but were forced to continually bring in something new. The new products never sold as well as their original product, and then the station gets upset because they're not making their numbers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Priss I know just what you mean. It makes you think the company is a fraud. They lied to you saying 'this is all you need' and once they hooked you, they reeled you in and tried to convince you you need the whole line of products you're not supposed to need.

@Judaline

I disagree .....   Companies with a wide variety of products are not fraudulent!   Is there some specific company that you believe does this?

If you've read many beauty posts on this message board, you already know there are a lot of "beauty junkies" who are always looking for the next new thing.   It's what they do.

It's up to YOU to know your own skin and whether some new product might be worth trying.   Some women like the whole skin care regimen thing .... and some only want a couple basic products.  

The choice is yours.

Regular Contributor

Now that i'm actually taking care of my skin after a lifetime of only using soap and water (and only when I showered), I like having more than a cleanser and moisturizer. I like my pore masks and eye creams and oils and peptides. It's fun, and while I could just use one or two things, I'd rather do all I think I can to get my pores looking as small as I can, now that the genes that gave me perfect skin for decades have commenced to tucker out. But I also have to reign it in, as tempted as I am by Isomers this month. There's no need for me to buy a single thing for my face and rest of my skin until the winter.

Unless Manuela brings back that aloe stuff in jumbo size again. Then all bets are off.
Frequent Contributor

@Kay Vee,

Can I ask, what is the good moisturizing cleanser you use?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Nadine wrote:

Several years I talked to a vendor that was selling skincare products on another channel. She stopped selling on there because there was so much pressure to keep adding new products every time they were on.

So many lines start small and before you know it the whole line is confusing because they've added so many products.

I find that so interesting. So the pressure to create new products came from the shopping channel? Maybe that is what the vedors mean when they say, 'You keep asking for...'

Thank you for that insight.

Oh yeah!!!  The more you offer, the more PROFIT for the shopping channel. I mentioned this on another thread but it was the #1 Reason that Connie Stevens left HSN.

If you look at SCA and SSC, how many freaking products do they offer?! It's... over the top and no one needs that much to take care of their skin. If you remember what they started with.... OMG, it's out of control. Plus, it's always NEW and IMPROVED and NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT ANYWHERE.

If the vendor doesn't comply, then they are moved to time slots that aren't the best... it's the channels way of getting rid of them OR making them product more DIFFERENT products.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Priss

What's the pink moisturizer?

Original Oil of Olay.