Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty and Brains on a Budget 2016

Was looking forward to a new Scorpion - it's a repeat, da-m you TV Guide!  Watching The Bachelor but it's a really boring season.

Respected Contributor

Watching Mally!

Respected Contributor

Desi, think it's called honey pink at Sephora and is only there and only online I think it said?

marmarbrooklyn, welcome, although I have never heard of colour pop I will look into it.

We have 2 dogs now, down from  6 and have always up till these 2 had   rescues. I do feed and house 7 feral cats out on our porch. I have a dogloo doghouse for them with straw and purr  pads in it as well as a heated water bowl and always have fresh Purina dry cat chow complete out as well.

I used a tender trap and all are spayed/neutered.

We are animals lovers here on this thread so feel free to talk animals as well as anything else you are interested in.

I too can't wear anything powder with my very dry skin so, stick to liquids which seem to work best for me.

Desi, I have to remember this name here now, lol. I do just usually go to my recent downloads and get here from there now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doglover I did find Honey Pink, the other shade is Black Honey that you hated.

I had to bookmark the thread.

Going to bed - Mally is still on but it's late.

Respected Contributor

Desi, yes, really really didn't like that black honey, way too dark for me.

I ended up ordering from HSN Two faced in Taffy, good reviews and I won't lose $10 if I have to return it, another plus

I was watching the peach cobbler murder tonight.

we got 1/4 inch of snow, nothing at all but is slippery out now even though they did spray the streets, walks and driveways are bad as are parking lots.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, that return policy sure does make trying things you aren't sure of a lot easier.  Hope you like the shade.

We got around 2 inches of snow I think then it turned to frozen ice.  It's slippery and there the temps are very cold with 40 to 60 MPH winds - fun, not!

New "Younger" at 10:00.  Bet you saw that movie on Halmark Mysteries, still don't have that one.

Super Contributor

Great topic.  My resolutions for my budget

1. eliminate AD plans. I have pared it down to 4 - which is quite a feat.

2. Stop buying, at least until I actually NEED something. 

3. Research/consider drug store brands before next purchase.

I did a pretty good job avoiding the holiday bombardment of discounts and gift with purchase items.

As a result of the above - I have no recent finds to share.

Michele

Respected Contributor

Hi Michele, welcome! That's awesome that you made it through all the holiday offers unscathed!  I did buy one palette that was more than I usually spend, but returned it to Sephora.  Still haven't gotten refunded.  It was pretty but not HG status.  For me to spend more than a few dollars these days, it better be everything! It's hard with daily temptations on-line, on the shopping channels, and in magazines.  Used to be just the magazines and word of mouth.

Respected Contributor

Desi, yes, did see that on HMM as well as the new upcoming series movies with Brook Shields.

Regular Hallmark though will have new movies every Saturday so make sure to check them.

Bitter cold today, said the coldest day so far but winds have died down TG.

theatrebiz, good for you. Like Desi, I wasn't as good as you but a whole lot better than last year which is good.

I am on AD for a few things, things I use all the time and got a good deal on.

Like you I am searching for drug store alternatives to the higher end things as much as I can.

there are still a few high end things(Stila brow marker) that I can't find a cheaper alternative for but will keep looking.

So far though I am very happy with my L'Oreal tru match lumi instead of my Mally defender bb foundation cream, good start.

I also picked up a nyx wonder pencil(skinny one) to use as a concealer for a tiny red dot I have, works very well but  wouldn't recommend it for full under eye concealer or things like that but for a spot tough up, great.

Honored Contributor

This is a new thread for me!!  Is this where I can ask questions about 'beauty issues' I have?  If so, I will ask and see what happens, ha!

I have pretty good skin, I am fair in color and 60 years old...my only complaint about my skin is the area on my eyelids and around my eyes and a bit down my nose.  Not wrinkles but flaky skin.  I do use eye peel from the other channel and it works for the most part, I also exfoiate with Philosophy 2 step product, scrub and gel....but those pesky little pieces of skin resist my efforts.

I use a magnified mirror to apply my make up....I cannot see otherwise, so I know that probably makes the issue look worse but I would love to find something that will get rid of that problem area.  I do not put any make up on that area....I do not use a retinol product. I use Dr. Denese, exclusively as far as a serum, eye cream and moisturizer, day and night.  I don't think I need more moisturizer, I need something to dissolve the flakes, any ideas?