Respected Contributor

Beauty and Brains on a Budget 2016

Hi all!  This is the former Beauty Boomers 2015 thread previously The Official PSS Thread, The Mister Sisters Thread, etc.  Retitled for the new year.

Hope everyone feels free to come have a friendly chat about your latest finds in the world of beauty, and discuss other semi-relevant issues.  

Happy 2016, let's make it a beautiful year! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty and Brains on a Budget 2016

Desi, that may be it since it did run very very light. It was so much lighter than the bare shell or the light I have in everything else, really really looked like a   ghost is right.

As far as a new beauty find, told you about the Stila brow marker but I was mistaken in color. The clerk told me taupe so I never looked at it but just checked the box after someone said they couldn't find it, says light.

Being my brows, what I have are almost black I can't believe this color works and works it does.

this is the most natural brow look I have ever had since I was in high school I think, really really love this stila brow marker.

I do want to check out the lipstick she told me about, Clinique in almost pink. She did say that would be very nice for me and said I was right, shouldn't have gotten that black honey, way too dark for me. Too bad they don't have that almost pink, will have to go to the dept. store but that is handy, 7 minutes away but will they have that color? hope so.

Trusted Contributor

@doglover3  Clinique Almost Pink Honey is a Sephora exclusive.  Might be easiest to just order it online.  I like the look of it, I think I'll try it, too!  Thanks for the info!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doglover first post, yay!

Really glad you got personal recs at Ulta and they were spot on! The Stila sounds really great.  As for the ghostly foundation, well, glad to hear you already own what they suggested instead.

I have tried Clinique Pink Truffle that people always recommend and returned it. Wasn't that flattering or moisturizing.  I think Almost Pink is the same formula as Black Honey, just an alternate shade.  If you find it and love it let us know.

Hi Tuesday, welcome to the thread!  Thanks for letting us know that shade is a Sephora exclusive - that explains why I couldn't find it, lol!

Lot's of new shows on tonight - The Good Wife is back and can't wait to see Alicia's meltdown on Eli (who more than deserves it)!

Respected Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

@doglover3  Clinique Almost Pink Honey is a Sephora exclusive.  Might be easiest to just order it online.  I like the look of it, I think I'll try it, too!  Thanks for the info!  Smiley Happy

I guess I will have to order. I did get but returned the black honey which was too dark for me. I did like the feel of  it as well as the staying power. It also wasn't drying which I do like as well so, guess I will have to order now.

Respected Contributor

Desi, I did have the clinique black honey as you know and while I didn't like that dark color on me I did really like the feel of the lipstick on as well as the staying power and it also wasn't drying like so many. It wasn't an all day lipstick but was pretty decent, more than a lot.

It is a toss up for me with the Mally defender bb  in light/medium and the L'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n. Both of these look almost identical on me, can't tell the difference.

I can't tell you how much I love this stila brow tint. After someone posted not being able to find this in taupe I looked at my box, is light, not taupe, comes in light, medium and dark so, I was very surprised how natural this light looks on my dark brows. They also stay soft plus lasts, love this.

Didn't watch the good wife yet but do have it recorded. anxious to see some of the new shows.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies : 

Great topic . I have posted on a few other  questions that I have recently tried ColourPop cosmetics and really enjoying the products and prices. Eyeshadows are $5 blushes and bronzers , highlighters $8 and lippiestixs and lip liners $5 . The best part is the textures of the shadows and blushes , they are a bouncy , mousse like texture which is really nice . I will soon be 53 but still have combo skin prone to clogged pores and breakouts . Powder products were just not working ( settling into lines ,pores etc) while I love the creamy stick all over colors I was finding that if I use them on a daily basis I get clogged pores and lillte blemishes . These products are the best of both worlds . Colourpop is made in the U.S. , cruelty free and if you sign up on the site you get $5 off 

have a great day !

Respected Contributor

Doglover, glad you checked the shade so people didn't go crazy looking for taupe! Speaking of which it was Tender Heart I didn't like, didn't try Pink Truffle.

Good Wife was interesting, will be looking forward to seeing what transpires now.  Odd dynamic betweenAlicia and Eli.  In fact the whole episode was a bit surrealistic.

Marmar, welcome!  Please feel free to discuss all the good and bad things you are trying. The shadows sounds great. I have heard good things about Colourpop.  If by any chance you are repping for them, that isn't ok though.

Valued Contributor

Hi Desi1 

Thanks so much for the welcome !

I don't rep Colourpop. after adopting my dog from an organization that rescues animals from high kill shelters 2 years ago , I made the decision to go cruelty free in skin care and makeup . I read about colourpop on Logical Harmony and other cruelty free/vegan makeup sites , also many youtube beauty bloggers were using them so I decided to try them . In fact they have a shade called Puppy Love ( a pretty peach shade) where all proceeds go to the animal charity Best Friends .I am always on the look out for Cruelty free made in us brands I also really like W3ll People .  

Respected Contributor

Marmar, glad you are just here to chat and exchange ideas. Cat Very Happy

Glad you are an animal lover - you are in the right place! So nice that you rescued.  We all have pets (we did but we had to out him to sleep). If you followed the last thread, you know we love our critters.  I don't go nuts checking for cruelty-free makeup but it's certainly great if it is.