Contributor

Re: Beauty and Brains on a Budget 2016

Sounds like eczema maybe. I would not wear makeup and try argan milk after a good exfoliation. Also sounds like your skin care isn't right for you at all. Change it up to all natural maybe and see what happens. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

Doglover hope your snows are melting some.  We had some melting today but they are saying maybe snow every day this week and cold, AAARRGGG!

Georgia are you answering someone on this thread?  Always possible that we discussed this and I am spacing on it.

Respected Contributor

Pretty ticked at a certain groundhog.  We are going to get clobbered with snow, wind and cold tomorrow.  Schools and govt. already closed, and it's going to snow all week!  Bright side, bright side, must look for it - ok, it will be beautiful to look at.  I will probably be stuck inside, oh yay. Woman Sad

I did order Milani Perfector 2 in 1 Concealer Foundation since it wasn't around in the store.  Picked the lightest shade. Not a good color for us ghostly gals.  Very similar to IT CC in light, too peachy and a little too dark for me.  Would have been nice to see them somewhere in person. They need lighter shades added for sure.  The formula is nice enough but with another foundation not quite the right shade, it will probably go back.  If I ever get out, that is, and if the PO is open (closed for snow tomorrow). Milani calls 01 vanilla "cool". If it were pink it would work better for me than peach which is what it is, but a neutral shade with a hint of yellow woudl be best. Not sure when peach became classified as cool.

Respected Contributor

Desi, our groundhog said an early spring but from the looks of it so far I think he made a big boo boo.

I would consider peach warm. I know we both have trouble finding a good shade- I am happy with the color in this latest IT, runs lighter than the cc cream foundation though so got 2 and returned one.

I hate returning here due to all you lose anymore.

I did see an ad on TV this evening for the newer version of CG & OOO Ageless, comes in a pump see through bottle now, looks swirled. I just may try that since OOO is all I use on my face as far as skin care goes and do like a lot of CG products so, may try it before my next AD is due.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, we are getting record breaking cold here.  Not fun but at least not snowed in. 

I think I may have seen that CG in the pump.  Let me know if you try it, although we have different skin types.  Every foundation with silicones just seems to make pores and lines worse.  Some look fine right after application but then the moisture just seems to get sucked right out of my skin - and it's combo! I did return the Milani, not worth keeping.  Neither for the shade or formula and the stores still don't have it to even look at the shades.

Respected Contributor

Desi, this newer CG & OOO in the pump     bottle says it won't clog or show up pores or lines and it is moisturizing. I have no idea what shades it comes in or how many, will check it out though, says good for normal or dry skin.

I put on my L'Oreal tru match lumi today and he said I looked better, said you can tell I got more sleep, didn't get any at all but yes, my face did look better? Now I am going to have to rethink the AD on the latest IT cushion since I do love the way it goes on as well as the look and feel when on but will say, looking close the     tru match lumi does look better on me.

at -4 you would think we would break a record but they say no? Saturday and Sunday in the lower teens, 13 for Sunday with wind chills - 15 to -25 they are saying.

That snow is still around, not going anywhere at all in this bitter cold and our street is terrible, tiny narrow lane up the center. Our street is narrow to start with, 2 cars can't pass if there are cars parked on each side. The street is wide enough for 3 cars,   1 at each curb side and one driving up the center with no room to spare in good weather so imagine how it is now.

Respected Contributor

Doglover we have a street I walk on like that.  If people park on both sides, you can't even get one car through!  You'd have to back out of the street.  You'd think when people park they would notice but I guess they don't care.

It probably won't break record temps here either but it will be close.

I can't even comment foundation-wise.

Respected Contributor

Desi, we are considered a side street which means narrow. They really shouldn't allow cars on both sides of the street(don't in town) but then where would we all park I guess. Although everyone has a garage it is a small single car garage and everyone on our street has at least 2 cars and most have 3 to 5 so, where do you put them especially in bad snowy weather, real problem all over I guess. Yes, you either have to back down the street which is on a curve so isn't the easiest or pull into someones driveway and let them pass than back out that is if they aren't in their driveway.

You know, I do love both the ones I now have as well, IT new cushion and L'Oreal tru mateh lumi  as  well the Mally Defender bb cream foundation in the tube.

So, why do I still look, no idea. I just saw an ad for this CG & OOO newer Ageless and thought it looked nice, gets good reviews so, why?

I wish it was this time next month, spring soon and since March is usually pretty decent by the middle of the month I can't wait, sure need decent weather right now and not this bitter bitter cold with either snow, sleet/hail/ice etc.

Respected Contributor

Well, it is beyong cold here.  May be the coldest Valentine's Day ever! Not a record I care to break. Hope everyone stays safe and warm and have a happy one tomorrow.

Doglover, here is why, IMO.  It's like a BD gift or Christmas present when you are a kid.  Something you really want and you finally get it.  You play with it non-stop the first day, a little the next, and by the end of the week, you are back to playing with your old toys (which you discover you liked better anyway).  New cosmetics is like gifting to yourself. The anticipation, the excitement of trying something new.  That wears off pretty quickly unless it's the rare thing that is actually better than everything you already own.  

Respected Contributor

Desi, you are right of course but it is fun trying new things sometimes especially when they don't break the bank. As for drugstore things I try and get them when on a BOGO sale as well as a drug store so I can return if I don't like  without having to lose $10 in doing so.

This is why I went to Ulta before spending so much(I think a lot anyway) for both the eye brow markers. I would hate to lose $10 to just try one here on QVC if I didn't get the right color.

COLD, you can say that again. Our record is -1 and we got down to -2 or so far unless it gets colder yet so, did break a record. Sunday they ONLY want 4 like that isn't bad at all.