Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 3/14/24

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention, my Doll 10 Doll Squad Palette V3 w/Blending Brush arrived and on first glance I'm pleased.  It's a generous size and has a good range of talc free shades in a mix of mattes and shimmers.  I'll give it a first try this afternoon.  🤞

IMG_3324.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@seehorse wrote:

Advanced Clinicals Vitamin C Serum

I haven't tried the VC, but I purchased their peptide serum for my daughter for her Christmas beauty box.  I'm pretty sure their products are manufactured in Chicago.  I've seen their stuff on Amazon but also IRL at TJMAXX and Marshall's.  Surely can't beat the price.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Molecules Lightweight Daily Moisturize. This is my first purchase from the brand. The moisturizer has shea butter and avocado oil. I don't recall using this in a facial moisturizer and think it might be helpful for my dry skin. 3.4oz  is $12.00 so it is not too expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Good Molecules Lightweight Daily Moisturize. This is my first purchase from the brand. The moisturizer has shea butter and avocado oil. I don't recall using this in a facial moisturizer and think it might be helpful for my dry skin. 3.4oz  is $12.00 so it is not too expensive.

@Iwantcoffee - I've been using the GM Niacinamide serum.  It seems like a decent brand with affordable pricing.  The bottle sizes are good too, which adds to the value.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I was walking throught the mall yesterday just looking at spring arrivals and wandered into Sephora. I was tempted by the new Makeup By Mario matte palette. I know I prefer smaller ones, but htis one has mostly lighter cool shades and it went into my little basket came home w/ me. 

I worked w/ it last night and it's gorgeous!!! It has my required light all over the lid shade and goes all the way to the darker shade to use as liner. Loving it.

That's it for the week.

Have a great weekend!! Heart

@Shanus  - Oh goodness be.  That palette has been tempting me sooo much!  I love all the shades - esp the gray one - and it looks right up my alley.  But I've been resisting.  Ugh, then I get on here this morning and there is your review and now I want it even more because I know you wouldn't love it if it wasn't good.  Not sure how much longer I can resist.....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Sorry to be a bad influence. It's so difficult to find a cool toned palette w/o mostly dark shades that I'll never use....I just had to pull out the Visa. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL   Sorry to be a bad influence. It's so difficult to find a cool toned palette w/o mostly dark shades that I'll never use....I just had to pull out the Visa. 

@Shanus  - I understand completely!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

You go girl!  I can't think of anything for the upcoming Sephora sale Smiley Sad  And I've decided having a Sephora store to chose from (in my bathroom) is time consuming trying to make up my mind what to use and rotate so everything gets used.

Cream blush...try putting it on the back of your hand and then swirl your brush into it.  You might even want to dab some of it off before it goes on your face.  Tap tap tap where you want the blush, then if you need to, you can gently buff.  Gently is the key word.  Do you use a primer?  Using one before and even after is the key.  Another thing  you can try is applying a powder blush over it if you have one the same shade range.  My go to holy grail primer is by Hourglass.  In the hot months and if my plans include sweating, I'll spray the final look with Urban Decay All Nighter.  I don't know if Hourglass offers a Mini but I think Urban Decay does.  You can spray UD on prior to your makeup as well.  All primers go between skincare and makeup.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

What e/s palettes have you bought?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

@Shanus 

I'm happy to report that eyeshadow palettes no longer have any power over me.  Having given half+ my palettes away, I am at a point where I love what I have and have no need for something new. 

Crossed fingers skin 2 emoji" Emoji - Download for free ...