Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 11/2/23

I came out of yesterday's Philosophy TSV day with the Living Grace Hand Cream duo.  They are perfect for my purse and I've always been a fan of their hand treatment.

IMG_0114.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

For Granddaughter

Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian Bum Bum Jet Set

For me:

Yellowbox had a sale.  Can't have too many Yellowbox flipflops when you live in a state where you can wear the 9 months out of the year. 

Yellow Box Fullerton - Pair View

Senteria 925 Sterling Silver Earrings Hoops for Women Lightweight Twisted Hoop Earrings With Cubic Zirconia Hypoallergenic Hoops Earrings for Girls (20/30/40/50/60MM)

For my piggies:  I won't be doing this at home.  I'll take it to the salon for them to apply it.

ILNP Vanity - Deep Purple Holographic Nail Polish, Endless Depth, Chip Resistant, Non-Toxic, Vegan, Cruelty Free

MAYCHAO 15ML Gel Nail Polish 1Pc Clear Pink Glitter Nail Polish Soak Off UV LED Nail Gel Polish Nail Art Starter Manicure Salon DIY at Home,

Hourglass gloss in Cosmic

Hourglass - Unreal™ High Shine Volumizing Lip Gloss Cosmic 0.20 oz/ 5.6 g

Esteemed Contributor

Korres website has a sale which includes holiday and starter kits. There are body washes, skincare and body cream and serums.

I'm going to give in and order something even if I don't "need" it. My Korres circle points expire after December, so if I don't use them up I'll lose them. That's a good enough reason. Their points don't roll over like some other websites do. I'm not sure what I'm ordering yet.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

this! it's so gross. if you like vinegar you'll l love it. UGH! 

Honored Contributor

Oh No @poregirl !  Hope you can send it back.

Honored Contributor

Was going to grab one of these before the sale was over but checked eBay first and got it for a few dollars less.  I use it under the shadow topper from Makeup by Mario.  Julia Adams MUA did a look with this combo a year or two ago.  I loved it.

ILIA - Liquid Powder Eye Shadow Tint Cork 0.12 oz / 3.5 ml 2021 Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner

MAKEUP BY MARIO - Master Crystal Reflector™ Bronzite 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Happy Thursday, Beauties 🍁

I have to admit, I almost fell for the Elizabeth Grant Supreme Essence of Toricellumn Serum on ShopLC, but I held strong in my resolve.  I'm currently using a Korean marine serum in my routine that's far less costly and I told myself it's good enough.  I used to use the EG, though, and liked it back then. 

Anyway, here's what happened this week:

Perlier Youth Creator Elixir (3.2 oz) A/S - I’ve been using this since summer and like it.  Happy that I stumbled upon a weekly deal drop at a steal of a price.

2 Different Dyson knockoff ionic blow dryers - I wanted two of the same kind but when I tried to apply a discount to the second one it wouldn’t go through so I selected an alternate.  Maybe if I purchased on separate days it would have worked, but oh well.  One is for me and one is for DD as part of her Christmas present.

4 Norelco OneBlade Pro Face & Body Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shavers (Costco) - all the men in our family have some degree of facial hair.  When I saw the listing in the Costco flyer, I thought this kit would make a nice Christmas gift for them and not something they'd spend the money on for themselves.  DH has used an original OneBlade for quite awhile but wanted an upgrade so I got one for him too.  Fortunately, Costco has a great return policy in case any of the guys don’t think they’ll use it.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliator Enzymatic Face Rejuvenater - this is a staple for me. When Costco has a sale, I pick one up so I’m never without it.  It has very fine grains in a creamy base, like a polish, and no overpowering scent like DermAppeal. I use it 2-3 mornings a week.

COSRX Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream - I’ve used other products in the line but this is a new one for me.  I stumbled upon it and thought I’d give it a try.

Heritage Store Castor Oil - DH has been learning about cold pressed hexane free castor oil being an effective treatment for lots of things.  I’m skeptical but I said I’d give it a try for my peripheral neuropathy.  We’ll see.🤞

Clinique 5-pc. Lipstick Set (Macy’s) - I’m a s*cker for lipstick deals. The red one in the set got me to order - hoping it’s a good Christmas red.

@JeanLouiseFinch:  I ordered the Vasanti Brightener up! from Costco today, $11 off, so will let you know how I like it.  Thank you. 

That's great, @Hoovermom.  I hope you like it. 😊

@Hoovermom , @JeanLouiseFinch Are the grains finer than Skinn's Dermappeal?  I can't stand that product at all.  Is it only available online or is it in-store?  When does the sale end?  I think all my flyers are in the recycle bin.  

Honored Contributor

I got a 20% coupon for HSN (and 11% at TopCashBack), so I bought:

M Asam duo of Collagen Lift 24 H Creme and Collagen Lift Eye Cream.  I was running low of the M Asam I was using for a night cream, so I took advantage of that.  It's getting to where that's the only way I can buy M Asam anymore. 

My Sephora order arrived today:

Haus Labs Bio-Radiant Gel Powder Highligher in Chocolate Opal

NARS Light Reflecting Eye Brightener in Night Swan - I wanted to see how it compares to the Becca Under Eye Brigtener I'm using.

Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer - I guess I got influenced by the lady with the The Best of Youtube Video who claimed it was the best for hiding pores.  So, I wanted to see how it compared to my NYX combination I currently use.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Happy Thursday, Beauties 🍁

I have to admit, I almost fell for the Elizabeth Grant Supreme Essence of Toricellumn Serum on ShopLC, but I held strong in my resolve.  I'm currently using a Korean marine serum in my routine that's far less costly and I told myself it's good enough.  I used to use the EG, though, and liked it back then. 

Anyway, here's what happened this week:

Perlier Youth Creator Elixir (3.2 oz) A/S - I’ve been using this since summer and like it.  Happy that I stumbled upon a weekly deal drop at a steal of a price.

2 Different Dyson knockoff ionic blow dryers - I wanted two of the same kind but when I tried to apply a discount to the second one it wouldn’t go through so I selected an alternate.  Maybe if I purchased on separate days it would have worked, but oh well.  One is for me and one is for DD as part of her Christmas present.

4 Norelco OneBlade Pro Face & Body Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shavers (Costco) - all the men in our family have some degree of facial hair.  When I saw the listing in the Costco flyer, I thought this kit would make a nice Christmas gift for them and not something they'd spend the money on for themselves.  DH has used an original OneBlade for quite awhile but wanted an upgrade so I got one for him too.  Fortunately, Costco has a great return policy in case any of the guys don’t think they’ll use it.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliator Enzymatic Face Rejuvenater - this is a staple for me. When Costco has a sale, I pick one up so I’m never without it.  It has very fine grains in a creamy base, like a polish, and no overpowering scent like DermAppeal. I use it 2-3 mornings a week.

COSRX Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream - I’ve used other products in the line but this is a new one for me.  I stumbled upon it and thought I’d give it a try.

Heritage Store Castor Oil - DH has been learning about cold pressed hexane free castor oil being an effective treatment for lots of things.  I’m skeptical but I said I’d give it a try for my peripheral neuropathy.  We’ll see.🤞

Clinique 5-pc. Lipstick Set (Macy’s) - I’m a s*cker for lipstick deals. The red one in the set got me to order - hoping it’s a good Christmas red.

@JeanLouiseFinch:  I ordered the Vasanti Brightener up! from Costco today, $11 off, so will let you know how I like it.  Thank you. 

That's great, @Hoovermom.  I hope you like it. 😊

@Hoovermom , @JeanLouiseFinch Are the grains finer than Skinn's Dermappeal?  I can't stand that product at all.  Is it only available online or is it in-store?  When does the sale end?  I think all my flyers are in the recycle bin.  

@Icegoddess

They're maybe a little finer.  The base is creamy.  It's very gentle. I order from Costco's website, it's not at the warehouse. The sale ends on 11/16.  It's a 7.05 oz. tube - usually $35.99, on sale for $24.99 shipping included. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm liking the Sephora collection colorful lip gloss/balm in rose gold. The gloss looks dark in the tube, but not as dark when applied. The color is a light/ medium rose which is hydrating and shiny. Also,isn't sticky, which some glosses tend to be.  I applied it on top of Mario Badescu lip balm for xtra hydration and sheer color. 

I don't know how long lasting the gloss is, as I've been wearing it for only a few hours,but that isn't a concern. it can always be reapplied if necessary.  A winner from Sephora collection. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain