Valued Contributor
@Tsukiko, that's so true about imperfections being so obvious on roku. I'm going to watch the evine feed to see manuela's skin in more detail!
Esteemed Contributor

I accidentally found BiQ in the middle of the night during a bout of insomnia. It appears that one of the movie channels shows BiQ for 4 hours every night from midnight till 4am.  Which is a good place for it so no one can watch it.   To me, it looked like a YouTube video - out of focus and really bad lighting.  The people moved from one place to the other, but the camera didn't follow them, so the woman actually applying the makeup was waay in the back and the host's face was smack in the middle of the screen.  It was all very confusing and difficult to watch.  Even if they showed BiQ in the daytime, I'd never watch it again.

@SilleeMee ~ I agree that BiQ, like everything else, is targeting youth.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

When looking at the Beauty IQ items via a Windows desktop computer, the videoclip automatically plays and that causes the IE explorer browser to stop responding. Not a good thing.

The graphics for Beauty IQ are so poorly done so that Alberti, Elise, and the guests are always holding the items they are presenting at arms length right in front of their faces like a youtube beauty haul. I wish QVC would move the graphics to the side of the screen so that it's easier to actually see the products and the faces.

And I deleted and reposted my reply since I somehow clicked on the spoiler tag which wasn't my intention when I was correcting a spelling error. There is no way to edit a spoiler tag out of a message.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty IQ. IMO if they left off the gadgets for teeth whitening, hair growing, hair removal, callouses, etc. which to me are considered "maintenance" not beauty...there'd be time for the demos of makeup application that I assumed this channel would provide. 

Valued Contributor

I have enjoyed some of the demos, but ITA with the poster who says it is like watching something amateur on youtube.  The lighting is terrible, and everyone is shown in a way too close up shot, it practically makes me dizzy.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen ANY products from Paula's Choice on BiQ. In fact, I haven't seen any shows with Paula's Choice on either channel. Woman Frustrated I wonder why??

Trusted Contributor

@marky wrote:
I really liked the programming a lot at first but everyone seems to be getting a little childish now. I find myself changing the channel. Would love to enjoy watching the tutorials without the interuptions and the constant silly banter. It can still be fun without it. I am all for fun but sometimes I just can't watch therefore, I don't buy.

I'd hoped the hosts would settle into their new jobs with grace.  But, as you noted, the infantile behavior only escalated.  

Not only does their behavior try your patience, the lighting glares off of greasy/slimy faces.  The presentation of products with arm outstretched, "see, see what I've got " fashion is infantile.  Failure to present options for purchase discourages actually making that purchase.  It's a shame.  Many of the vendors have commented, referring to the platform as nursery school.

QVC has mishandled a potentially awesome opportunity.  Neither Tuesday nor Friday Night Beauty offer a sane, watchable alternative.  They seem bent on chasing their long time viewers away in favor of an audience of children.

So be it! 

Valued Contributor

I just came across this topic & I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my critique of BeautyiQ.  I had high hopes for this concept but now I can't bring myself to tune in to see what the Jolly Gang is trying to present (tee hee hee).  I think my 9 year old granddaughter MIGHT enjoy this; then again, she's a very bright girl.  What a waste of time & effort -- this could have been a useful enjoyable format for instruction and sales.  I agree with the poster who isn't interested in watching a man apply cosmetics; skincare, yes...color cosmetics, No Thanks.

I'll take YouTube videos over this nonsense any day.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps the Vendors on BeautyIQ have to "pay to play" on this channel?  I see the same vendors over and over again...IT, Josie, Mally, LG, etc.  

Paula's Choice was introduced months ago on the Q, where is she?  Dr Lili Fan, Bare Minerals, Tarte, et al, where are they?  Why isn't QVC giving other brands airtime? 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@marky wrote:
I really liked the programming a lot at first but everyone seems to be getting a little childish now. I find myself changing the channel. Would love to enjoy watching the tutorials without the interuptions and the constant silly banter. It can still be fun without it. I am all for fun but sometimes I just can't watch therefore, I don't buy.

BeautyIQ has proven a disastrous career move.  A bright and shining star has fallen.