Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

Doglover, you'll like the Hallmark movie. Acker was in another Hallmark movie, a Christmas one. Finds a little girl's letter to Santa wanting a mom - that one was cute as well, first time I think I saw her.

I wouldn't call it warm today, but it's warmer than the last 2 weeks, but rainy. Supposed to ice up later unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Desi, yes, saw that one too, was good. We didn't go out tonight, driveway was very icy and I am a klutz so didn't want to chance it and fall.

We watched a few older, not old but older, movies and in them we saw in 2 different one the female detective on Castle, Katy Stanic and saw the older guy from Suits, not old but not the younger one, Gabriel something, was in 2 movies we saw. Also watched on tonight that the guy from Franklin and Bash was in, a detective movie made in 2011, called Hide. Funny how you see different actors in movies after watching their series.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, I agree, once you are familiar with an actor they seem to appear in everything, lol. Glad you had some decent movies to watch. Smart move, chancing falling isn't worth it. nothing takes the wind out of your sails faster than falling.

Today was cold but not windy and most of the ice is gone. Still have to watch just in case.

Been reading all the buzz about the upcoming It TSV. Sounds interesting, although you will sure get a ton less CC in the compact. I had it was all new products but just read Jamie's blurb on FB which says it's the CC cream in a compact. So, not sure what it is. The rest is all new though.

Respected Contributor

Desi, went out today for the first time later tonight, Tuesday, since we had dinner at home earlier. I wanted to stop at a grocery store which I did. It is still slippery in spots especially on our driveway which is steep.

So right, recognize a lot of them in movies lately.

I didn't read or hear about the IT but really really love my M. Asam magic makeup foundation and boy do I like this stuff. It goes on like silk using my fingers and doesn't take much but is buildable. I can't believe how nice my face looks and feels with this stuff so, will keep getting this. I did stop some of my AD makeup stuff now since I prefer this to anything I have tried so far.

Are you interested in the new IT TSV? I see on Feb 7 th there will be a new Tarte kit too but only 1/2 ounce of the foundation, doesn't seem like much to me, is .51 ounces.

Respected Contributor

Hi all.

Doglover, glad you got out and are okay.

Yeah, I am interested in the new it kit. Will see if I can resist after they show it. The CC is only .47 in the kit, so even less than the CC + Veil. Not going to get the Tarte I don't think. Love their blush but don't use much else. Sometimes I use the liners, and the mascara though I should probably pitch the mascaras. Still have all the products from 2 prior auto-ships of theirs that I got. Never say never though about the TSV!

Glad you like Asam. Read the ingredients and I don't think I will bother, doesn't sound like it would work for me but glad you still love it.

Occasional Contributor

I will preface this by saying that I just turned 60 (ouch, that hurts to say out loud) and my skin is normal to dry, so my likes and dislikes are what work for my aging skin.

New things I tried and liked:

Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Cashew Beige - Nice texture and great coverage

Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Plumberry - creamy, but not too soft and the color is a pinky neutral for me and my pale lips

Maybelline DreamLumi (illuminator/concealer) I forget the shade..maybe Radiance - doesn't end up in creases of my eyes. Works well as an under eye concealer.

Makeup Geek eye shadow pans in Vanilla Bean, Coca Bear, Creme Brulee, Beaches and Cream and Mocha - Very creamy powder shadows that have lots of pigment and blend well.

New things I tried and did not impress me:

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anita and Raquel - Love the colors and they have a nice bit of subtle luminosity, but it is drying to my lips.

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - It is decent foundation, but for the price, it didn't impress me. I have less expensive foundations that look better on my normal to dry skin.

Dior Airflash Foundation - I really liked this at first, but like the Armani, I didn't like it enough to buy it again at the high price tag.

By Terry Terrybly Densiless Concealer in Medium Peach - Another high priced item that didn't live up to the hype. It was just okay. It has treatment in it, but I don't think the coverage is all that good and it is borderline dry feeling to my under eyes.

Glamglow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment - This is advertised as a mask that starts as a mud and when adding water, turns to an oil. I saw a review from someone on YouTube who is close to my age and skin type. She liked it, so I was curious to try it. The so-called oil didn't feel very much like oil. After rinsing, my skin felt nice, but I left my skin bare for about 10 minutes and it felt parched. It is another big ticket item that didn't work for me.

Looking forward to trying:

I have ordered a matte bronzer in Casablanca, a blush Bora Bora and lipstick in Beauty from Girlactik. I've never used their line and have heard some positive reviews, so I look forward to trying them.

Respected Contributor

Hi LaBomeme, welcome! I love all the info. about what worked and what didn't. I don't think I have tried any of those things, probably because they were never on QVC - I am more susceptible to stuff here. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Have to serve dinner, back later.

Respected Contributor

New stuff on TV tonight including Hot in Cleveland.

Respected Contributor

Desi, yes, really really like that but I do think it is more for normal to dry skin and no, don't think you would like it. I would gladly send you a little bit(little goes a long way) but don't know what to put it in. It works best using my fingers I found out.

Watched a cute movie, made in 2006 or 2008 or around there, forget. DS has the DVD, Golden Compass, cute movie, special effects and animals. It stared Nicole Kidman but had a lot of others in it as well. Some I didn't recognize till I saw the names at the end but some I did right away, anyway, liked it.

LaBomeme,like Desi, haven't tried any of that stuff but glad you wrote about what you like, don't like and things you want to try. I have the same skin, normal to dry but leaning more toward dry.

Ran into a lady at the diner just and told me I smell so good. I told her what it was and she laughed and said that is what her daughter uses and all she uses and is what she gets her for Christmas every year as a stocking stuffer. I told her if her daughter likes this she would also like EL Beautiful and told her to go to PSS but not till the 17 th since she is shut down till then since I tried to go and order beautiful last night. She had me write it down and said she will give it to her daughter.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Still really cold and flurries all day. Just enough to be a nuisance and make cleaning the car off necessary. Walked briefly through Marshall's. That's all I can handle until the weather and my lungs improve more. I am better but not all better.

Doglover, were you wearing PSS version of Pleasures? That's a good one.

Never saw Golden Compass. Glad you liked it.