Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

On 1/4/2015 Desi said:

Well, I feel like crud and we didn't get 60s, no where near. Coughing, wheezy and my head hurts. Went to CVS and got cough medicine and didn't even go to Marshall's next door so you know I am not well. I did walk down the cosmetics aisle. It only got in the 40s and we have a gross mixture of snow, slush, ice and some rain. Okay, someone come cheer me up!

Desi, I ended up getting that crud too. We were to go to a Motown Musical last night and had to cancel. However, I tried old remedy that we used to recommend to our patients. (I worked in healthcare for 20 years.) Thought my head was going to explode from coughing last night. So I put Vicks on my feet. We used to recommend this patients and put socks on before going to bed. Could not do the socks because I knew that I would be too hot. The Vicks worked! Slept without coughing. Hope that you are feeling better today.

Respected Contributor

Hi all. I have an appt. with someone at the doc's tomorrow, no openings today. Hope they know what they are doing.

Doglover, let me know if you try the L'Oreal lipsticks. I mentioned them on a thread when someone was asking for a nude-pink. Maybe they were 7.99, can't remember.

Jan, glad you went. Hope the antibiotics work. I Googled and they give them to you whether it's bronchitis or asthma. Will see what they say tomorrow. If I need an x-ray that means going to another location, they don't have them. Probably need them too or something for my lungs. I considered a walk-in clinic but they only have nurses and no equipment.

Number one queen, well, I see why you don't enjoy serving it - or maybe you do if it gives you a laugh.

Tricolor, sorry you caught the creeping crud too! I think it's the same cold I had at Thanksgiving that never went totally away, but I could be wrong. So sorry you missed the show, that's awful.

Tempted to try your trick, thanks! DH might have Vick's, would have to ask. I never used it. My mother had heard about people dying from having it on their chest so we never used it. Probably fine on the feet though, and I have been wearing socks to bed anyway.

The winds are so fierce. Thursday will be scary, they are saying with the windchill it will feel like minus 25 here!

Watching Josie but not tempted, I think Argon oil breaks me out. I do have a lip-stain of hers that I like.

Respected Contributor

number one queen, haven't had it with kielbasa yet, a bit too spicy for DH but we both like smoked sausage and kraut. I am a big fan of mashed potatoes so have to have that with pork and kraut. We both like home made baked beans and prefer the large fordhook lima beans which his uncle use to make all the time, oh boy were they good. Can't go out without some jewelry either.

Jan, DS use to get bronchitis.every single winter but think he outgrew it around his mid 20's TG. I know like you when I get a cough it hangs on and sometimes for months. Hope you feel better soon.

Desi, I read that the newer L'Oreal nudes were nice so just hope they aren't drying which I really don't like. So far the only lipstick I found that isn't drying and I really like is the one that was in the Mally kit with the liquid compact which I canceled AD on since I only like that lipstick and mascara but love the Maybelline volume express one by one a whole lot better. Hope they can help you tomorrow. Winter is the pits for all this kind of stuff. Now want it to go down to 2 Wednesday night.

Tricolor, I have heard that, picking Vicks on your feet and putting socks on, may have to try that as well next time I have the coughs. Anytime I get a cold it goes to my throat and hangs in there for a long long time plus get a cough that doesn't want to go away.

Respected Contributor

Doglover. please let us know if you try the lipstick.

New stuff on tonight at least.

Everyone try to stay healthy if you are right now!

Respected Contributor

recorded and watching the Bachelor but put it on pause since our friend from down south called.

Bag came today, really nice but way bigger than what I expected or wanted.

will let you know when I get a lipstick or two. Did you see I did start a thread asking for recommendations for drug store ones that are a nude pink or soft lighter pink, will see. Someone recommended Revlon Pink Truffle and I read that on other posts as a favorite so wil look at that for sure but on other threads I also found NYX butter gloss in vanilla cream pie and Two Faced in naked dolly so will see. They said Ulta has NYX right now on sale and have the swatches on line so will check that out too but said to get the NYX in the round red tube.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, watched the comedies but wish I could have taped Bachelor.

I did see the thread, hope you get lot's of good idea. I have 2 NYX. They are fine, nothing HG for me. Problem with that brand is very little is sealed and the ones at Ulta are usually "played" with.

Respected Contributor

Desi, know what you mean and won't get stuff that has been tried, hate that. So far am leaning toward Revlon pink truffle or cream brulee or Maybelline in storm sahara or whisper petal rebel but maybe when I see them in person I will have a change of heart, can't go by swatches all the time.

he is still on the phone with his friend. I talked to him for awhile now he is talking than I will talk some more so, Bachelor is still in pause mode. Whoops, just saw the clock, will turn it off since we are going out when we get off the phone so will have to watch it later. Also looks like I missed the HSN TSV, is after midnight.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, you can still get that TSV, it's good until 3:00 AM Eastern time.

You will have lot's of lipsticks to check out, that's for sure. Have fun testing!

Your DH will watch Bachelor? OMG, mine wouldn't be caught dead watching it, not that he watches much of anything that I do. He does like Madam Secretary.

Scorpion and NCIS LA were good tonight.

Respected Contributor

<h3>Desi, did try and did is what they now are. Yes he will watch it with me but makes comments all the time of course than dozes off and on and tells me to wake him when it is over. I zip through commercials and is why I prefer to record stuff rather than watch live.</h3>

<h3> Emma Skye "Stacked to the Skye" Bangle Bracelets</h3>
$99.95
Free Shipping
Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 doglover3 said:

number one queen, haven't had it with kielbasa yet, a bit too spicy for DH but we both like smoked sausage and kraut. I am a big fan of mashed potatoes so have to have that with pork and kraut. We both like home made baked beans and prefer the large fordhook lima beans which his uncle use to make all the time, oh boy were they good. Can't go out without some jewelry either.

Jan, DS use to get bronchitis.every single winter but think he outgrew it around his mid 20's TG. I know like you when I get a cough it hangs on and sometimes for months. Hope you feel better soon.

Desi, I read that the newer L'Oreal nudes were nice so just hope they aren't drying which I really don't like. So far the only lipstick I found that isn't drying and I really like is the one that was in the Mally kit with the liquid compact which I canceled AD on since I only like that lipstick and mascara but love the Maybelline volume express one by one a whole lot better. Hope they can help you tomorrow. Winter is the pits for all this kind of stuff. Now want it to go down to 2 Wednesday night.

Tricolor, I have heard that, picking Vicks on your feet and putting socks on, may have to try that as well next time I have the coughs. Anytime I get a cold it goes to my throat and hangs in there for a long long time plus get a cough that doesn't want to go away.

I have doing the Vicks trick for 2 nights now and my could is almost gone. Plus I get a good night's sleep.